Author Topic: Sims 4 Legacy Edition  (Read 2614 times)

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Sims 4 Legacy Edition
« on: December 24, 2020, 04:28:55 PM »
I guess I was one of the lucky ones that has to install the legacy edition before I can even play my game.  Did anyone else get this before they could play?  I have a gaming computer and my sister pretty much has the same thing, she didn't get the message and I did.   Sounds like what it is talking about, was something about a lower spec computer that would get this notice.  Mine is definitely not low end, but we will see, it is downloading now. 
Is it true that cannibals don't eat clowns because they taste funny?

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Re: Sims 4 Legacy Edition
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2020, 04:43:05 PM »
I've heard of this happening to players before, even though they have gaming computers. Here's the instructions on how to switch back to Sims 4 standard edition.

===========

Sims 4 - Can I switch back to the standard edition?

If you update your computer to meet our latest system requirements, you can launch The Sims 4 as normal.

Follow the steps below to switch to the 64 Bit edition of The Sims:

Find The Sims 4 in My Game Library within Origin.
    Right-click The Sims 4 tile and choose Game Properties.
    Switch to Advanced Launch Options.
    Click the dropdown under When launching this game... and select The Sims 4™ 64 Bit.

If you are switching to a new computer, you can use the steps below to transfer any save files to the standard game.

Go to your Documents.
    Open Electronic Arts.
    Copy the folder titled The Sims 4 Legacy Edition.
    Transfer the file to the same folder (Documents/Electronic Arts) on your new computer, and change the title to The Sims 4.
    Launch the game.

-----
Reference Link:

The Sims 4 Legacy Edition
https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/the-sims/the-sims-4/the-sims-4-legacy-edition/
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.