Author Topic: Sunset Valley Bunch family keep drowning???  (Read 6062 times)

Offline Nimrod Mikkusu

• Townie
Re: Sunset Valley Bunch family keep drowning???
« Reply #15 on: December 08, 2016, 06:29:55 AM »
Yeah, I enjoy keeping them, too. Even if they accidentally die, I have them (at least the Sunsetters) in my family bin, ready to be used as templates for adopted or moved-in sims.

Offline Loconut

• Llama Wrangler
    • My DA
« Reply #16 on: December 08, 2016, 08:53:19 AM »
I've only ever had one sim die by drowning in Sims 3. That sim was fatigued from exercise, and I sent him in the pool because he had a wish to go swimming. He kept getting out but I kept sending him in, not realizing I was toying with Grim.  When Grim showed up, I had a moment of "oh, that's why he kept getting out... oops."

I've never had an idle sim swim him or herself to death, but that might just be my luck.

Me too, only one accidental drowning. Though it wasn't my fault!

I once had an idle kid swim herself to death during labour day, since apparently that holiday pushes all sims to swim (I noticed it when I did a couple of generations as ISBI in my legacy, every labour day at like 8 am the game would push every single uncontrolled sim in the household into the pool). All other sims got out of the pool fine, but I only noticed the youngest daughter in the pool when I saw the 'struggling' bubble. I immediatelly had her climb out, but she drowned in the middle of the climbing animation so she succesfully climbed out and the drowned into the ground... I then had to reset her because grim was route failing and wouldn't start the process so I could beg, and that just then finished the whole thing so I didn't get a chance to beg for her poor soul after all. It was pretty dramatic and sad, I ended up quitting without saving, lol.
Blob.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline coolsim9999999

• Watcher
« Reply #17 on: December 08, 2016, 12:46:30 PM »
@Loconut --- That sounds very sad.  I would have quit without saving, too!

Offline Nimrod Mikkusu

• Townie
« Reply #18 on: December 08, 2016, 12:51:29 PM »
I never had my sims drown in TS3. Only exceptions are a few sims outside the played household, such as Fiona and Molly (the Single Moms) both dying of drowning, Molly shortly after Fiona. (IIRC I was playing an household of River McIrish, Holly Alto, Sandi French, the unborn baby Ursine, and River&Holly's adopted child Clover. They lived in Pescadero.)

anything