Author Topic: Instant Demotion  (Read 4477 times)

Offline Sonshine

• Heaven Bound
  • Watcher
Instant Demotion
« on: December 01, 2016, 06:56:58 PM »
Hi, does anybody here know if the instant demotion after getting promoted is a game glitch or can it happen if they don't have all of the requirements? I had a sim get promoted twice and twice got instantly demoted in the film career lev 5 and I just assumed it was b/c he didn't have any celeb pts.

Offline Cheezey

• Immortal
Re: Instant Demotion
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2016, 07:01:51 PM »
Hi, does anybody here know if the instant demotion after getting promoted is a game glitch or can it happen if they don't have all of the requirements? I had a sim get promoted twice and twice got instantly demoted in the film career lev 5 and I just assumed it was b/c he didn't have any celeb pts.

Are you running any story progression mods?

In vanilla EA story progression, that shouldn't happen, but if you have the NRaas story progression mod, it has a default setting called "only one may lead" under the career section that sets the higher levels of the career to one sim only. Even if your sim reaches that level, if another sim is in it, they'll get kicked back to their previous level. It usually starts around the middle of the career.  I always change the setting to disable that for the active household so I don't have to deal with waiting for the sim in my sim's way to get promoted, demoted, or die off.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Sonshine

• Heaven Bound
  • Watcher
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2016, 08:51:04 PM »
I don't think that is what is happening. I can't find where to change that stat right now, but I usually have it disabled.

Offline Candyd

• Queen of grilled cheese
  • Occult
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2016, 10:18:50 PM »
I agree with Cheezey, that normally can't happen without Nraas SP.

Offline Cheezey

• Immortal
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2016, 01:55:22 PM »
In case you decide that you want to check it, here's how to find it:

Clicking on a computer or town hall:

NRAAS-->Story Progression-->General Options-->Options: Careers-->Only One May Lead: Allow Active

It should say "False" next to that.  If it says "True," then it's enabled to limit that position to one sim, including sims in the active household.

I hope you're able to figure out what's causing your trouble!

Offline Loconut

• Llama Wrangler
    • My DA
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2016, 01:46:03 AM »
If it's not the sp mod, check any other mods you have if they're outdated or if you have installed the correct version to your set of expansions. Outdated/mismatched mods might cause some strange hiccups, some that don't seem to make any sense. For example, one mod I had the wrong version of caused everyone to catch on fire when they took a bath. It ended up being some social interaction tweaking mod that was causing it, something that had nothing to do with bathing :p
Blob.