Author Topic: Career Bosses  (Read 1364 times)

Offline Sonshine

• Heaven Bound
  • Watcher
Career Bosses
« on: November 28, 2016, 12:54:41 PM »
Hi, I just had a weird thing happen. My sim is in the Criminal career and has had a very good relationship/best friends w/her boss until lev 9. Then suddenly when I looked at her job stats, it said that her relationship w/her boss was terrible. I looked to see what happened and the guy who was her boss is not the boss anymore, but it is some other lady. However, this lady doesn't even work in the criminal career! She is a genetic sequencer at the science lab! I'm wondering here if the game randomly selects townies from the town and makes them the boss of whatever career regardless of where they work? It certainly is weird and I'm glad she only has 1 more level to go.

Offline Cheezey

• Immortal
Re: Career Bosses
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2016, 02:44:23 PM »
I haven't played without modded story progression in a long time, but this would be my guess, since I'm not sure which coding is EA's and what is the NRaas mod's as far as this goes.

Generally the boss in a career is assigned to a sim at a higher level than your sim.  If your sim becomes the highest level sim in town in that career, it might reassign the boss either to a random sim in town, or, if a household in town owns the property or is a partial owner, it will go to a sim that has an ownership stake.

I remember once when I played the Landgraabs, Geoffrey was in the medical career, but it eventually made his wife Nancy his boss.  I was confused because she was in the business career, but then I remembered the household had bought an ownership stake in the hospital. 

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Sonshine

• Heaven Bound
  • Watcher
Re: Career Bosses
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2016, 06:53:03 PM »
That explains it! Her former boss is lev 8 and she just made 9. This other sim must either have a stake in the "business" or she is a random sim picked.