Author Topic: Ability to Use the Cheap Outside Grill  (Read 2717 times)

Offline Sonshine

• Heaven Bound
  • Watcher
Ability to Use the Cheap Outside Grill
« on: November 29, 2016, 07:05:16 PM »
Hi, I just ran into something. For some reason female sim cannot interact w/the grill at all! She is pregnant now and am wondering if there is or has been (for either patch 1.67 or 1.69 version) either a glitch or something else that prevents pregnant sims from interacting w/the grill? I even tried moving the grill outside and it *still* immediately dropped from her queue. Her husband can interact w/it, but she can't!

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Re: Ability to Use the Cheap Outside Grill
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2016, 07:14:48 PM »
I am not really sure on this, but something tells me it may be due to her being pregnant. It seems there's a lot a Sim can't do while pregnant.
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Cheezey

• Immortal
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2016, 07:20:16 PM »
The cheap outdoor grill is one of those items that often catches fire. Maybe it keeps a pregnant sim from using it due to the fire risk?

Offline Sonshine

• Heaven Bound
  • Watcher
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2016, 07:33:40 PM »
That's what I'm thinking. It must be a fairly recent thing though, b/c I could swear that I've  had pregnant sims use it before. We'll see, lol

Offline Sonshine

• Heaven Bound
  • Watcher
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2016, 09:41:38 PM »
She just had her babies and now she is able to use the grill so being pregnant is what prevented her before.

Offline coolsim9999999

• Watcher
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2016, 05:57:14 PM »
@Sonshine --- That's great to hear  :)!  I'm glad that she could use the grill again.

Is there a ton of stuff that pregnant Sims can't do in TS3 v TS4?

Is there a "safe" grill in TS3 (from the base game, Town Life, Fast Lane) --- or a way to make it safer?  For example, in TS4, I put brick or stone under even the most expensive grill from Perfect Patio Stuff.

Offline Loconut

• Llama Wrangler
    • My DA
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2016, 02:31:34 AM »
It could've been an issue with the object itself, too. While I was building my current lot (it's a small houseboat for a family of four, so building it involved a lot of playtesting for routing, lol) At some point one of my sims would not get onto the second floor, even though she had been able to route there just a minute ago. Resetting the problematic object usually works. Once though, I had to delete a fridge and replace it with a new one because everyone in the family route failed when trying to use the fridge, only the butler was able to use it, lol.

I'll test out the grill once I have a sim preggers again

@

Is there a ton of stuff that pregnant Sims can't do in TS3 v TS4?

Is there a "safe" grill in TS3 (from the base game, Town Life, Fast Lane) --- or a way to make it safer?  For example, in TS4, I put brick or stone under even the most expensive grill from Perfect Patio Stuff.

Pregnant sims can't do any activities that have a chance of killing them or could alter their lifestate. Pregnant sims are essentially immortal to 'accidental' deaths. I think you can still drown or starve them though.

-pregnant sims can't run on a treadmill, they can however lift weights.
-With pets installed, pregnant sims can't ride horses .
-With Island Pradise they can't go scuba diving or wind surfing
-From seasons pregnant sims can't use the weather machine aspiration reward
- From supernatural they can't eat magic jellybeans or use the philosophers stone aspiration reward

those are the only ones I remember atm, there's probably a lot more.

I don't think there's any 100% fireproof grill, since you can't upgrade grills. Usually in the sims the safest are the most expensive, just place them outside and don't place plants next to it and they won't catch on fire too often. Any construction items and rocks are safe to place around grills as far as I know.
Blob.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Cheezey

• Immortal
« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2016, 11:09:35 AM »
Pregnant sims can't do any activities that have a chance of killing them or could alter their lifestate. Pregnant sims are essentially immortal to 'accidental' deaths. I think you can still drown or starve them though.

-pregnant sims can't run on a treadmill, they can however lift weights.
-With pets installed, pregnant sims can't ride horses .
-With Island Pradise they can't go scuba diving or wind surfing
-From seasons pregnant sims can't use the weather machine aspiration reward
- From supernatural they can't eat magic jellybeans or use the philosophers stone aspiration reward

those are the only ones I remember atm, there's probably a lot more.

Pregnant sims also can't use hot tubs (introduced in Late Night, but also in later EPs, store items, and stuff packs).  I don't know if that's because it's discouraged in real life, or if there is an actual in-game death chance, though.  I've never seen a sim die in a hot tub.

Offline coolsim9999999

• Watcher
« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2016, 12:22:58 PM »
Thanks @Loconut and @Cheezey.  I will make sure that pregnant Sims don't get in a hot tub, if I get that pack, and I will be sure not to do any of the other activities mentioned with a pregnant Sim.

It makes sense that the more expensive the grill, the less chance of starting a fire.  Therefore, I will purchase the most expensive one.  I also use rocks near grills in TS4, so it's good to know that that's O.K. to do in TS3.

anything