Author Topic: Late Night Advice  (Read 6723 times)

Offline Rachellino

• Nooboo
  • call me rachel :)
Late Night Advice
« on: November 25, 2013, 03:12:50 AM »
Hi, I'm getting Late Night (as well as the Sims 3 base game ;D) on Thursday and I was wondering if there was anything I should look out for in this specific expansion pack? I've already done a lot of reading about it and I know that clubs are a problem, but what else?

Offline Jamie

• Occult
Re: Late Night Advice
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2013, 06:49:34 AM »
The whole town itself is pretty difficult to use. It takes forever to get anywhere, sims get stuck in elevators. It's also very slow a lot of the time unless you have a very powerful computer. I'd be careful with using any families you really like/want to use long term there. Sunset Valley is a lot better for things like that.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline simlover16

• Townie
    • The Power of Knowledge Immortal Dynasty
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2013, 09:37:28 AM »
Well, like the user above said, the town is difficult to use. My computer barely runs it and it's just hard. Elevators take forever so it makes getting to work harder and making money harder. It's harder to get to the club before it closes and I usually put a family there just to have a night out. Families is just almost impossible. Late Night is a great expansion, but it has highs and lows. I recommend checking out LGR's review of Late Night on YouTube. He'll give you an idea of what you're messing with. :)

•simlover16•
"You're waiting for a train. A train that'll take you far away. You know where you hope this train will take you. But you can't know for sure. Yet it doesn't matter. Now, tell me why?" -Dom Cobb

Offline KRae

• Watcher
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2013, 09:44:19 AM »
It used Bridgeport as the final town in my 4x4 dynasty and didn't have too much trouble. It's not a very family friendly town, though. None of the penthouses available are large enough. There are small houses up behind the school that work though, if you're willing to expand, and fewer taxis drive by so less slowing of the game. Also, don't try to build a simbot. The challenge can't be completed.

Offline Blackrosea

• Immortal
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2013, 10:07:12 AM »
Hi, I'm getting Late Night (as well as the Sims 3 base game ;D) on Thursday and I was wondering if there was anything I should look out for in this specific expansion pack? I've already done a lot of reading about it and I know that clubs are a problem, but what else?

Welcome to the forum Rachellino.

Bridgeport is one of my favorite worlds to play in. I love the people in Bridgeport. I agree that the elevators can be a challenge, if you live in a penthouse. That is why I never live in a penthouse and buy a lot or empty house. I also get a cheap car to avoid the subways.

Offline Rachellino

• Nooboo
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2013, 05:15:59 PM »
Thanks everyone! :) I guess when I get Late Night I'll build a house on an empty lot and try to avoid subways and elevators. I suppose Riverview will become my family town!

Offline kellie13

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2013, 07:40:03 PM »
There are very few lots to build on. I do have a family in Bridgeport and I just had to "add-on" to their little house because I couldn't find a suitable lot (and had to go up because the lot was so small). I haven't experience a lot of glitches, but I agree that it does take a while to get around town. If you don't mind cheating, I recommend teleporting rather than using the subway or driving.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Rachellino

• Nooboo
« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2013, 02:18:01 AM »
There are very few lots to build on. I do have a family in Bridgeport and I just had to "add-on" to their little house because I couldn't find a suitable lot (and had to go up because the lot was so small). I haven't experience a lot of glitches, but I agree that it does take a while to get around town. If you don't mind cheating, I recommend teleporting rather than using the subway or driving.
Okay thanks! I'll keep that in mind :D

Offline Stormi71

• Occult
« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2013, 05:08:06 PM »
I recently got the base game, and decided I'd buy one EP (as I doubt my computer would run all the EP's). So I read through all the games and decided on LN. I found it very confusing to start with due to the apartment buildings, and it took forever to get anywhere. Even when I had a pregnant sim, her husband went in the car to the hospital, but as it was designated as HIS car, she took a taxi then the subway! By the time she got to the hospital, I think she has the baby in the hospital foyer lol.
I like the stuff from LN, but I tend to play Sunset Valley and make my own clubs/music venues. 
Bridgeport is, like the others said, not really about families. It's about young, single Sims that like to party lol. Most apartments are either studios or one bedroom, the houses are one bedroom, too. Even the big mansions across the bridge often have one bedroom.

Offline Happy

• Llama Wrangler
  • Sims 3 is awesome!!!
« Reply #9 on: December 07, 2016, 03:51:56 AM »
Bridgeport is useful if you want single sims to do stuff alone (e.g. writing, painting, cooking) it is also a good place to increase your celebrity skill. The odds of being stuck in elevators in my experience, is pretty slim. Bridgeport is more of a place which you interact with celebs and have jobs that make you famous such as acting and director. I really like Bridgeport because it is a lot like the place where I live. :)
People shouldn't insult each other, after all, we all are human beings, how different are we?

anything