Author Topic: Not receiving career rewards when starting off with Connections  (Read 2137 times)

Offline Teresa

• Immortal
  • Teresa
    • Love My Sims
Not receiving career rewards when starting off with Connections
« on: November 27, 2016, 11:04:07 AM »
One of the things I like(d) was the ability to purchase Connections and then pop around to each of the careers prior to settling down.  Since City Living released, I have not been receiving any of the career rewards or bonuses when taking a career that starts at a higher level.  This has happened in several game files - one sims had Connections and started at level 3, the other sim aged up with an A in high school and started at level 4.

Has anyone else had this happen, or know what I can do to correct it?  The only mod I use is the censor remover mod.
2024 Tournament: Join the Fun!
My Tournament Updates: Coming 2024
Love My Sims: Completing challenges and legacies since May 7, 2007

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Re: Not receiving career rewards when starting off with Connections
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2016, 04:57:10 PM »
Hi Teresa,

Here's a link to a thread that discusses your very problem:
http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/index.php?topic=27236.0

Sadly, it remains unfixed.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline lesleyj42

• Townie
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2016, 09:57:16 PM »
The lack of initial career rewards with the Connections trait has been a problem since the update right before City Living was released. As @oshizu mentioned, it remains unfixed.

As for your sim starting at level 3 instead of level 4, was it one of the new careers (critic, politics, social media)? Those careers branch at level 4. That's why you start one level lower than usual with the Connections trait.

Offline Teresa

• Immortal
  • Teresa
    • Love My Sims
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2016, 06:30:07 AM »
No it was Writer, Tech Guru, Painter, and Entertainer.  I think they start at level 4 with Connections and an A in high school (Painter and Entertainer was level 4 for the 2nd generation).  The founder tried Tech Guru and Painter with just connections and started at level 3.

Thanks for the link.  I searched for threads and posts and must have overlooked that one.  I will put my sad face on :(, pull up my big girl pants ::), and continue on. ;D
2024 Tournament: Join the Fun!
My Tournament Updates: Coming 2024
Love My Sims: Completing challenges and legacies since May 7, 2007