Author Topic: Missing tiles in High Rise  (Read 3429 times)

Offline obamalexis

• Nooboo
Missing tiles in High Rise
« on: October 29, 2016, 09:48:11 PM »
I'm building an apartment complex and there's missing tiles on the first floor. Not the lobby, the first floor of a sim's living space. Don't know how to fix it. No stairs were there, brand new building. I tried moving a wall over it and it says can't intersect objects. Tried constrainfloorelevation, still nothing. Help please!

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Re: Missing tiles in High Rise
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2016, 10:10:16 PM »
You may need to use moveobjects on to move whatever object the wall is intersecting with?

Or did you try that already, and that's not working?
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline obamalexis

• Nooboo
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2016, 07:13:25 PM »
Still can't move the walls or add tiles with moveobjects on

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2016, 09:26:21 PM »
What I was meaning is use moveobjects on to move the objects that are interfering with the walls. Then turn it off when finished with that. And then try to move the walls again.

I'm sorry for any mis-understanding.

I'm not sure what to say if that doesn't work. I don't use the constrainfloorelevation cheat.
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Offline obamalexis

• Nooboo
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2016, 09:44:50 PM »
When I try to move the walls over the empty tiles, it says cannot intersect objects

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2016, 09:41:30 AM »
Right, I figure that means the walls are being blocked from being moved because there are objects in the way.

You use moveobjects on to delete those objects, if you can. Turn it off when finished, then try to move the walls to where they need to go.

Like I was saying, I'm not sure if this will help. If it doesn't. I'm not sure what else to do.

Offline obamalexis

• Nooboo
« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2016, 03:54:03 PM »
There are no objects in the way, just the walls and floors. If I try to move the walls over the empty tiles, it says there are objects in the way. I used moveobjects to try and delete the empty tiles and it says contains object in use.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2016, 04:52:58 PM »
When I've gotten a message that basically states that objects in use. And none of my Sims in my household are using it. That means something has gotten corrupted and I have to go back a save.

Do you have save you can go back to?

Go Back to a Previous Save
http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/index.php?topic=20732.msg433992#msg433992

I just thought of something that might help - reset everything. It didn't work for me, but it might for you.

Reset Town, Individual Sims and/or Evict Household
http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/index.php?topic=20732.msg401812#msg401812

That might be something worth trying if you don't have a save to go back to or don't want to do that.

Offline obamalexis

• Nooboo
« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2016, 07:40:46 PM »
It's okay, I moved my sim into a CC apartment. Next time I try to build one and the problem comes up, I'll try this. If it doesn't work, I guess I'll just make a new post or I'll just evict someone and remake their apartment. Thank you for your help, though!

Offline Magz from Oz

• Watcher
« Reply #9 on: October 31, 2016, 09:04:35 PM »
When you're missing floor tiles on the first floor, it usually means that the walls are not connected in some way or there is too big a void to fill automatically with tiles.  Try placing columns on the ground floor to fill in the missing floor tiles above.  You can always delete the columns after you have your first floor just how you want it.  I do this all the time.
Where there is love - there is life. -- Mahatma Gandhi

My Stories:
1. Duty Calls
2. Duty Calls Sequel: Islands of Sunset Valley
3. The Lady of the Lake
4. The Secret Time Traveler

anything