Author Topic: New Player, several questions  (Read 2355 times)

Offline SaiTalos

• Nooboo
New Player, several questions
« on: October 06, 2016, 12:59:01 PM »
Just got the game and GTW, I am absolutely in love. Haven't played a Sims since Sims 1.

• I have maxed my painting career, if I choose a new career and find I can't make ends meet, can I go back to my job as max level Painter of the Reel? Or do I start as a nobody again?
  • Can you edit your sims in full CAS (cheat) mode to make them start as young adults again? If so are there any bugs or complications with that? I am married and have a bunch of rewards and perks I like, so I don't want to ruin any of that. If that doesn't work, is the aging potion one time use or can you rebuy it? I want to try and keep them as adults or young adults because I don't like the way elders look (which is why I haven't considered ambrosia)
  • I need onions (and other stuff) that I can't seem to find when I open seed packs even as a max gardener, where do I get the more exotic gardening seeds? Or do they (rarely) drop from seed packs?
  • Whenever I try and clean my house using my pointer, clicking and dragging items is all bugged out. It doesn't follow my cursor, it lags behind. Do I need to reinstall the game?
  • My sims seem to have two common glitches. One is not using the bathroom, frequently they say there's a pathing issue even when there is no one in the bathroom, and no obstructions. And two, if I drink coffee or tea the action stays in my que until I reset my Sim. Any way to patch or fix those issues?

I have searched for the answers to these questions and been unsuccessful, so I appreciate anyone who can help. Thanks for this awesome website and resource!

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
Re: New Player, several questions
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2016, 01:28:16 PM »
Welcome to the Forum, SaiTalos!

I don't have answers to all your questions, but here's what I can tell you:

1. I'm pretty sure that you'll go back to level 10 if that's what you were previously. There's also a cheat to place your Sim at any job level if that doesn't happen.

2. I haven't tried doing that. I think there's a serum that your Sim can make at level 10 of the Science career that will make your Sim a YA again. You might be able to do it with a CAS cheat. You can use the Immortal potion any number of times, but it will only take your Sim to the beginning of the current age. You can also turn aging off in the Game options or set it to long -- 4 times the normal rate of aging.

3. Onions can be found in Oasis Springs. Only a few plants are available through the seed packet. You get the rest of the plants (seeds) by going around and harvesting things in the wild. You'll usually need to send your Sim to an area to get plants to start growing though, and visit several times if your Sim doesn't live in the neighborhood.

4. I don't know about this -- have you tried making your Sim do the cleaning?

5. The bathroom glitch is a bug. If you move furniture around, your Sim will be able to get to the toilet again. I've not had the second bug, but it sounds like a glitch. You could try repairing your game (right-click on the game before you open it, and "repair" will show up), or try reinstalling.

Carl's Guide has plenty of useful information, too. If you're interested in gardening, I'd definitely recommend the gardening section.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline SaiTalos

• Nooboo
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2016, 02:45:49 PM »
Awesome, thanks so much for the comprehensive reply.

Offline HelenP

• Immortal
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2016, 04:21:02 PM »
Hi SaiTalos, welcome to the forum.

1. My experience has been that if you take a long break, you start again at the point where the 2 career paths split.  I have a sim who reached level 10 in the business-management career.  She left to do some writing and then went back to business. She restarted at the bottom level of the management path, about level 5.  Another sim was working through the athete career but died while at level 8. I immediately brought him back with the book of life and he rejoined the career at level 7.  However if you have a painter then there should be no money worries as selling high level paintings provides more money than any career, even at level 10.

2. Sorry can't help with this.

3. I agree, go to a new neighbourhood in any world and new plants will grow.  You have to wait a while but once the plant is big enough any sim with level 5 or more gardening can take a cutting, no need to wait until the harvest is ready.

4. The dirty plates often lag behind my mouse when I am clearing them away.  I either drop them and re-grab or just move the mouse past the bin/sink until it highlights then drop the item.  If you misjudge the move the dirty item will return to its original spot.

Happy Simming

Offline coolsim9999999

• Watcher
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2016, 03:22:15 PM »
4.  Sometimes, you have to redrag plates and stuff several times.  Wait a little while in between, though.  Otherwise, have your Sims clean up.  I just noticed that problem this week or last week.  Sometimes, if you save you game, and exit the game completely, dragging plates, etc, works again when you come back in.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2016, 04:45:45 PM »
I have maxed my painting career, if I choose a new career and find I can't make ends meet, can I go back to my job as max level Painter of the Reel? Or do I start as a nobody again?

You will start at a lower level but not rock bottom.  If you have already maxed painting, and the aspiration, there is no reason to ever be poor again.  Just keep painting and selling those paintings.  It's a fast way to get rich quick.

Can you edit your sims in full CAS (cheat) mode to make them start as young adults again? If so are there any bugs or complications with that? I am married and have a bunch of rewards and perks I like, so I don't want to ruin any of that. If that doesn't work, is the aging potion one time use or can you rebuy it? I want to try and keep them as adults or young adults because I don't like the way elders look (which is why I haven't considered ambrosia)

I believe you can age them down but not positive.  Also not sure about bugs and complications.  This is not a cheat I use since I'm in a dynasty.  Aging potion can be bought again and again as long as you have the reward points for it.  If you have a Sim who enters the Scientist career, or if you use the buydebug cheat, you can buy a cloning machine or create one with a scientist.  You can then clone endless amounts of whatever potion you want.  The cloning machine doesn't always work but keep at it and you'll eventually get good enough to acquire all you want.  I have a wall of moodlet managers doing this!  Also, you can go into your game play options and turn aging off.  Never get old!

I need onions (and other stuff) that I can't seem to find when I open seed packs even as a max gardener, where do I get the more exotic gardening seeds? Or do they (rarely) drop from seed packs?

Do you have Outdoor Life?  If so, go to Granite Falls and buy them at the Kiosk. You can also harvest them after spending a few days in Oasis Springs.

For your last two questions I would suggest going into your file manager, and cleaning out your cache files.  Then go into Origin, right click on the Sims4 icon and select "repair game".  Make sure you have a back up copy of your Save file first, just in case.

What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

anything