Author Topic: Help needed with community lot landscaping!  (Read 1688 times)

Offline kittensmjau

• Nooboo
Help needed with community lot landscaping!
« on: October 27, 2016, 06:24:24 PM »
So I'm currently working on this lot, which is mainly a italian restaurant, and there's a big outdoors area in the back that I have no idea what to do with. Any ideas? I really need some inspiration, everytime I look at it my brain just goes "soooo... park benches?". The front kinda need some sprucing up too... two lonely little cypress trees just won't do.

Back.

Front/side.

The building itself was inspired by the kind of blocks where old factory building have been revamped and turned in to hip restaurants, cafés and artsy shops. The italian restaurant isn't too fancy (but you wouldn't be ashamed to bring your cute date there), and I'll probably turn the other parts of the building into a photo studio and a pottery shop... just to let you know the vibe I'm going for.  :)

Offline coolsim9999999

• Watcher
Re: Help needed with community lot landscaping!
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2016, 08:35:49 PM »
@kittensmjau

In the front:

You could put some planter boxes on the front windows --- there's a nice one that comes with the base game with a choice of red or yellow flowers --- or another wooden planter box that came with Get Together, if you have that. 

You could also fit a small square fountain with some water jet water features (or at least one small one in the center --- place the fountain beyond the second Cypress tree.  If you have Spa Day, you could paint the sides and bottom of the fountain with a glowing florescent color. 

In the back:
You could put some of  those purple hedges from the base game (not the square hedges).  Then, you could sprinkle in some rocks and some red red shrubs (or Passion's Kiss --- pink bushes with some yellow in the center of each flower.  You could also add a fountain back there --- maybe in the middle.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2016, 09:04:42 PM »
Hehe,  I would also love to hear what @Joria has to say...

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2016, 04:47:50 PM »
In the front I would take out the cypress trees, put some of those short, flowered, shrubs/hedges/fences with a gap or two or access and add a couple of two seat bistro type tables and chairs.  Just a small spot for a quick espresso.  OR, flower boxes on the windows, move the cypresses further apart and add a small fountain feature between them.

When landscaping thing of always using odd numbers.  For some reason even numbers is uncomfortable and disconcerting.  So if you have a series of three, five, seven, it is more appealing.  That is why the two cypress trees don't look quite right.
I'd also use thinner trees myself.

For the rear, add a bit more cement and space the table out a bit more and add some potted plants.  You could even use floral dividers so each table is like a private eating area.  OR, you could build a gazebo in the center of all that green grass, add seating around the inside of it around the edges, and if it's big enough, add a stereo and dance floor or a piano and no dance floor.  Then landscape the exterior of the gazebo with red, white and green shrubs/flowers/planters.  I think that's Italy's colors isn't it?

What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery