Author Topic: Sim can't tutor children *Fixed!*  (Read 4001 times)

Offline Michelle C Young

• Nooboo
Sim can't tutor children *Fixed!*
« on: October 17, 2016, 11:54:19 PM »
Her husband (also level 10 logic and family oriented) can choose "Friendly" and "Tutor," and help build the kids' grades, but he's getting old and will die, soon.  The mother is younger, and needs to be able to tutor her kids (It's an apocalypse, and they ALWAYS have snow, so haven't been to school, yet!).  But for some reason, the "Friendly - Tutor" interaction doesn't even show up for her.

Does anyone have any idea why that is?  Is there something I can do to fix it?

I figure Family-Oriented is important, because on the husband, the Family-Oriented icon shows up next to the Friendly-Tutor option, but it shouldn't be based on Family-Oriented trait.  The logic skill said that it just required level 5 logic to tutor children for school.

What's UP with this?!  I'm so frustrated.

Please help, soon, because it's half-way through October, and my SimNaWriMo clock is ticking.

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
I tried to search on this issue and am not finding much to help. But something that might help (?) is to either reset town, or evict household and move them back into their house.

Reset Town, Individual Sims and/or Evict Household
http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/index.php?topic=20732.msg401812#msg401812
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Deklitch

• Tribble of Reality
  • Watcher
  • Tribble is as Tribble does
Thoughts that have occurred to me
- Something in the back of my mind is suggesting to me that they need to be friends at least, but that might be a mistake on my part.
- Are the child/ren already at an A? If so, I don't think they can be tutored any more.
- Try closing out of the game and cleaning your caches in addition to Mrs Flynn's suggestions.
- If we are lucky, someone like @Trip may have a suggestion for you. :D

Offline Trip

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Three Chihuahuas in a Trenchcoat
I know I was summoned but I honestly don't know of a fix. :(
No respect, no chance, cease and desist when I chant-

Forum Rules / Outrun / Defunded

Offline Michelle C Young

• Nooboo
Thanks!  I'll try the resetting and/or the evict/move in thing, if reloading the game with fresh caches doesn't fix it.

BTW, they are best friends, in the family, with only a C grade, so those aren't the issues.  It's just a game glitch.  This game is very glitchy.  Fun!  Oodles of fun!  But just soooo glitchy.

Offline Michelle C Young

• Nooboo
I tried all the suggestions.  The only thing that worked was the eviction trick.

Thanks for that!

Offline Sonshine

• Heaven Bound
  • Watcher
Re: Sim can't tutor children *Fixed!*
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2016, 10:29:59 AM »
Hi Michelle! I had this problem once where the mother could not teach any of her kids to drive. I'll have to remember the evict trick in the future if that comes up again.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

anything