Author Topic: Kids will only do homework at a desk with a computer  (Read 8602 times)

Offline coolsim9999999

• Watcher
Kids will only do homework at a desk with a computer
« on: September 06, 2016, 11:15:50 PM »
Tonight, I noticed that my 2 main playable Sim kids do their homework at a computer desk on top of the keyboard. 

They have a homework club with some playable and NPC kids.  This is the 2nd time that they've done homework with the added kids in their club.  The club used to be just the 2 of them.

They did their homework at the kitchen table with the other kids the first time, but now, tonight even after a few tries to get them to do their homework at the table, at a desk without a computer or in a chair, they walk straight for a desk with a computer.  The other club members still do their homework at the table.

Is this kids just being kids (like a one shot "I'm gonna do it my way," or is this a new bug?

I've had GTW for almost 2 weeks --- could that be causing it?
Thanks a lot.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: Kids will only do homework at a desk with a computer
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2016, 08:10:26 AM »
There is a small glitch where sometimes sims will eat while using the computer. They will place the plate of food on the keyboard pretty much how you described the homework book.

You could try deleting the localthumbcache.package file from your The Sims 4 folder.

Also directing the child to sit at a table, pause your game, drag the homework book out of the child's inventory and click on it for them to do their homework, then unpause your game. Sometimes directing the child to sit first then to do the homework makes them stay put!
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline coolsim9999999

• Watcher
Re: Kids will only do homework at a desk with a computer
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2016, 02:15:59 PM »
There is a small glitch where sometimes sims will eat while using the computer. They will place the plate of food on the keyboard pretty much how you described the homework book.

You could try deleting the localthumbcache.package file from your The Sims 4 folder.

Also directing the child to sit at a table, pause your game, drag the homework book out of the child's inventory and click on it for them to do their homework, then unpause your game. Sometimes directing the child to sit first then to do the homework makes them stay put!

Thanks, Playalot.  I will try both of your suggestions.  I'm glad that it's just a glitch and not a bug.  Now that I think of it, I've seen a couple of my sims eat on the keyboard, but they haven't done that again.

anything