Author Topic: Glaise Immortal Dynasty 2.0: The Clay Hardens (10/21)  (Read 7993 times)

Offline Trip

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Three Chihuahuas in a Trenchcoat
Re: Glaise Immortal Dynasty 2.0: The Clay Hardens (10/21)
« Reply #15 on: October 22, 2016, 12:45:51 PM »
An Army Worth Mentioning

It didn't take long for the Glaises to get permanent solutions for ambrosia ingredients. As of writing this, Solitude takes care of cooking and mastered fishing into her immortal tenure. Wexler gardens, but I have more than enough deathflowers already to last me a dynasty. Potions of Youth...eh, you all know how much of a team effort those always are. :p

But no one starts out a master at any of that. Or do they?

Sanat Rupani did.

I wasn't exactly planning on Sanat. He was an adult fisherman that Solitude found, and although I was holding out for a third colorful elder, I decided that Sanat was enough of a deal to snatch. He was an expert fisherman, a lovely shade of green, and I didn't even have to mess with his face much! He came with the hooked nose already, and I just made it a little longer.

Plus, it allowed me to have what I want to call the "Uncle GladWood" character. He's an older man with a useful skill, a particular facial feature I like, and enormous pollinating potential. Like Harwood from...literally any dynasty attempt from TS3 I have under my belt (imagine there's a link to Eight Cicadas there too). He's a fisher with a possible past with my founder (I imagined "lifelong family friend that's like an uncle"). Like Gladsten from The Pearl of Great Price. I miss that story and now want a reboot. :(

Sanat was a character that I failed to really capture in pictures. He was a bit of a sleazy goof. Tried to get cozy with Bob Pancakes and failed. Had children with three different women, though Nina Caliente was the only one who didn't hate him by the end. And the one who gave him the best-looking kids.

But in the end, he was a fisher. And he died after a long day of it.

As a bonus, here is little Wexler with Sanat's only green kid: Casey Caliente.

I had two main "waves" of pollinators in Solitude's lifetime. In a twist from last time, I actually tried timing these!

The first wave were two elders who were generated on Day One. I honestly forget who the purple one was, though he's currently in the family's tree for...reasons. The green one was remodeled to be a delicate green Vietnamese man. I mentioned Trinh in the last update, but that's his face!

Purple Guy's main, maybe only squeeze was Zoe Patel. I ignored her last time, but she's rather pretty underneath her makeup. Trinh had two. The nerve of him! But while he got the friendliest with gardener Jamie (?), I only kept tabs on his children with Eva Capricciosa.

Full disclosure: both of them made some pretty ugly, if colorful kids.

The second wave chose from a rather similar pool: first-day adults. Two who were generated and colorful, and Marcus Flex.

Marcus is an interesting sim. So far, he's the only pre-made adult who doesn't have children. Not joking! Which is why, between attempts, he was moved from being Ulrike's babydaddy to everyone's babydaddy!

Well, not everyone's. He had four kids with Yuki Behr and was quite faithful to her that way. I also remembered, this time around, that sims can get married without having to move their spouse in. So, perhaps a little late, I started on trying to complete Soulmate for pollinators who could limit themselves to a partner.

Marcus was pretty remarkable that way. He completed two aspirations (Soulmate + Leader of the Pack) and was halfway through Friend of the World. I think I might have gotten some Mansion Baron points from him too? Nice work, but there was a catch.

Marcus would not die.

Well, he didn't die on time. Poor Charlie and Mr. Chen, the other two, died the day of getting their second death notice, all while Marcus did pushups without a care.

And I waited. And waited. And he had a few more kids with Yuki while I waited. I was hoping for him to die before I got started on making an heir + spare kids, but I decided to go through with it anyways. Marcus' presence would prevent any surprise twins.

It was not long after Wexler and Co. was born that I had him and Solitude (and Ulrike, not in shot) visit the old buddies at Partihaus. I guess Marcus wasn't going to die in a secluded beach house. He wanted to traumatize his friends too!

"Yo, did I miss anything?"

As for the other two...Charlie had some great kids with Jade Rosa. Mr. Chen chose Siobhan Fyres. They did their work, and with some much better-looking kids than the first wave gave me.

Love Interrupted

It was time for our heroines to grow old.

And I had some romantic loose threads to tie up.

Dorian spent a lot more of his life having the absolute worst luck with men. He and Gunther Munch actually had some time together in the last attempt, but this is just one of Dorian's many failed attempts in wooing his dorky love.

"Daaaaaaad, get a room!"

It took until mere days before Dorian's demise for them to get romantic. And all the while, it disgusted poor Henrik (Maaike and Gunther's kid).

Meanwhile, Ulrike and Joaquin planned on the first not-unsightly wedding in this dynasty's history.

They threw it at the Von Haunt estate and...boy is it lovely.

"Come on, mum! You're gonna miss the kiss!"

"Kiddo, they've done way more in front of me."

And Solitude ignored her new buddy, Mitchell Kalani, in favor of cooking herself her favorite meal.

She ate her ambrosia in front of...some of the reasons why she could. How many steaks and skewers did Solitude cook towards her goal? A lot. Most of the best fishing spots had grills, so she did a lot of grilling.

She didn't expect a guest, though.

"Steak is like ambrosia for humans, right?"

"Yeah, on some level. It's gonna do the opposite, though."

"To immortality!"

"To...enjoying you for as long as I can."

Immortality could be a hard decision for someone who loved her humans and not-so-humans. But the purple mailman who walked by, after delivering yet another insane bill to the household, maybe reminded her why she had to stay.

Like it or not, there were a lot of rainbow weirdos like her stuck on Earth. And they needed a Solitude.
No respect, no chance, cease and desist when I chant-

Forum Rules / Outrun / Defunded

Offline Whirligig

• Simmer Down Sally
  • Occult
    • Whirligig Plays Sims
« Reply #16 on: October 22, 2016, 10:30:40 PM »
Death flowers are by far the easiest Ambrosia ingredient. You end up with enough for 10 dynasties by the end of gen 1, I know. Angelfish on the other hand.

Sanat seemed like a fun sim to have around. I laughed at the thought of his failed romances with Bob Pancakes - it sounds like they would have been a good match for each other.

Figures one of the helpers tries to live forever, and then dies and the most inopportune time (like at a party).

I'm glad Dorian got some Romance before his time came, and it makes me happy to see Joaquin and Ulrike together. I agree, the Von Haunt Estate is beautiful - and just delete a few of the ropes and you have a great party venue, too.

Congratulations on your first taste of Ambrosia, Solitude. I do find it amusing that this update seems to have been about everyone but her up until this point - you certainly have a busy household right from day dot. Now, just to keep her alive and occupied until the end, right?

The Morven Dynasty
Blogger ||| Simblr

Soroja14 on Origin

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline FrancescaFiori

• Watcher
« Reply #17 on: October 24, 2016, 01:50:22 PM »
Interesting recap! I have so much to learn from you about pollinating. I really thought I had a handle on it, but your technique puts me to shame! The Uncle Gladwood concept is a great one.

I love the elder romances, too. They're so sweet. Too bad they couldn't all work it out sooner in life, but there's something extra adorable about elders getting together and being happy.

Congratulations again to Solitude and looking forward to seeing Wexler's journey!

Offline Trip

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Three Chihuahuas in a Trenchcoat
« Reply #18 on: October 30, 2016, 12:48:33 AM »
Death flowers are by far the easiest Ambrosia ingredient. You end up with enough for 10 dynasties by the end of gen 1, I know. Angelfish on the other hand.

Sanat seemed like a fun sim to have around. I laughed at the thought of his failed romances with Bob Pancakes - it sounds like they would have been a good match for each other.

Figures one of the helpers tries to live forever, and then dies and the most inopportune time (like at a party).

I'm glad Dorian got some Romance before his time came, and it makes me happy to see Joaquin and Ulrike together. I agree, the Von Haunt Estate is beautiful - and just delete a few of the ropes and you have a great party venue, too.

Congratulations on your first taste of Ambrosia, Solitude. I do find it amusing that this update seems to have been about everyone but her up until this point - you certainly have a busy household right from day dot. Now, just to keep her alive and occupied until the end, right?

The only thing that's remotely hard about deathflowers is waiting for the cherry tree in Oasis Springs to grow. It just takes forever for me.

I still shipped Sancakes 'til the end. Nina Caliente just distracted him from the main goal. :P

I'm not saying that fit sims die later, but the only two majorly long-lived sims in this dynasty so far were Marcus and undisclosed Gen. 2 family friend, who were both skilled in fitness. It seems cheaty if it's true (the family was also friends with a gym trainer who seemed to live a very normal lifespan, so who knows) but it's kind of hard to ban an entire skill.

Delete a few ropes and you have a place to sleep too!

I like having a full dynasty household and kind of always have. I did the same in TS3 and it kept things interesting when immortals refused to be. Solitude is a rather docile sim on her own, even though she's actually hot-headed! In spite of that, she likes to stay cool and play with her lump of clay, cook dinner, and talk to Wexler as she gardens.

Interesting recap! I have so much to learn from you about pollinating. I really thought I had a handle on it, but your technique puts me to shame! The Uncle Gladwood concept is a great one.

I love the elder romances, too. They're so sweet. Too bad they couldn't all work it out sooner in life, but there's something extra adorable about elders getting together and being happy.

Congratulations again to Solitude and looking forward to seeing Wexler's journey!

The way that sims age up and die on a schedule really helps with pollination, unless you get outliers like Marcus. On a strategic level, it's better than waiting for an unsure death like in TS3. Though it's also a huge immersion-breaker. :(

Elders get so neglected by a lot of players. Giving them new flings or continuing their already-steady marriages is the least I can do.
No respect, no chance, cease and desist when I chant-

Forum Rules / Outrun / Defunded

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #19 on: October 30, 2016, 05:58:52 PM »
I loved Sanat Rupani. His facial expression as he falls to the ground dying captured his goofy sleaziness quite well, I thought. Casey Caliente is lovely!

Active sims with maxed fitness have lived 7-10 days past their second death notice in my games. I have to remind myself not let Active sims max fitness but usually forget.
Henrik is also adorable--how funny that he trails after his father then disapproves of what Dad does. Go play on the monkey bars like, you know, kids do, Henrik! Still, he's so cute.

Wexler, we still have not got to spend much time with yet. I'm assuming she's the daughter of Solitude and Dorian and that you'll tell us more about Wexler very soon!
I love the way you're playing pollination in combination with the rainbow skintones--the rainbow skintones seem like so much fun!

Congratulations on achieving immortality, Solitude! Woot woot

Offline Magpie2012

• Tony Brooks fangirl - Jupiter Reaper fangirl too - Pippin fangirl ALWAYS
  • Watcher
  • Call me Mags or Steph
« Reply #20 on: November 04, 2016, 11:56:34 AM »
There's also a cherry Tree in Silvan Glade, at least in my games,oh and about 2 Growfruit trees.

Sent from my D2005 using Tapatalk

because... Math *Pippin The Most Tenacious Simmer*

Only 2 things are infinite... The universe and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe. *Albert Einstein*

Don't believe all the quotes that have been attributed to me. *Albert Einstein*

I can't ignore ALL of the voices in my head - Some of them actually make sense! *Blayzen*

anything