Author Topic: Immortality Awaits: New Grill, Promotion, New Girl (7/15)  (Read 11443 times)

Offline Caterina

• Occult
Re: Immortality Awaits: New Grill, Promotion, New Girl (7/15)
« Reply #60 on: July 15, 2016, 09:20:41 PM »
New Grill, Promotion, New Girl

Stephany’s passing was a little unexpected.  She had only been in the household for two short weeks. 
Darwin’s time would be coming soon as well.  Gabriella paused to reflect on the situation.  She had been
putting a few things off for quite a while.  Their collection of frogs and mounted fish were still in her
personal inventory, career rewards and party rewards were cluttering up the household inventory, and
she had not yet started to learn the Baking skill.

It was an exciting time for the culinary community and the sims community as a whole.  New
restaurants were popping up all over town.  There were new pre-designed kitchens and dining rooms
available to choose from in the builder’s catalog.

Gabriella decided it was time to take action.  She ordered a basement space that would include room
for their frog collection, wall space to display their mounted fish, a new kitchen equipped with a chef’s
station, a dining room, and a bathroom.  She placed a separate order for a cupcake machine and a
baker’s display case. 

The chef’s kitchen was finished first.  Gabriella worked on her knife skills as she prepared food for her
daily work task.

[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]

While Gabriella was at work, the rest of the basement was completed.  The frog collection was
organized onto tables on the wall opposite from the kitchen.  The coffee pot, couch, and stereo that had
been received as party rewards were placed in the room.

Gabriella loved the colors she had chosen.  The blue walls and décor of the kitchen and dining rooms
reminded her of the ocean.  The green couch and frog habitats reminded her of land.  It was the perfect
representation of ‘surf and turf’.  There was even an aquarium for displaying and viewing their favorite
fish. 

That night’s shift at the restaurant was a bit tense.  Gabriella was yelled at by a co-worker for
reporting that the register was short.  Before the night was over she was feeling embarrassed.  Had she
made a fool of herself in front of all of her co-workers?  Despite her other emotions, Gabriella was
happy when she arrived home at 2:00am.  She had been promoted to Line Cook.  Finally, she would be
able to show off her cooking skills.

There was one more bit of business that needed Gabriella’s attention.  The garden needed tending
and everyone was too busy to do the work so Gabriella hired a professional gardener for the day.  She
arrived just as Maaike was hurrying off to work.

Darwin was the first to greet her.  He thought she was as cute as a Llama.  Her name was Leann
Flanagan.

Gabriella was rolling out some dough when Leann came inside to use the restroom.  She introduced
herself, informed Leann about her need for a full-time gardener, and proceeded to get to know her. 
Leann was a Cheerful, Self-Assured, Kleptomaniac.

Gabriella invited her to move in. 

The $20,000 that Leann added to the household was very much appreciated.  Their household funds
were down to just over $5,000 after the basement addition.  Just like Stephany, Leann was very excited
to be able to care for a home garden and to be able to plant whatever she wanted.  In her free time, she
would work on her aspiration to become a Musical Genius.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #61 on: July 15, 2016, 10:15:19 PM »
Welcome, Leann!  She will be a really good addition I'm sure.
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline FrancescaFiori

• Watcher
« Reply #62 on: July 16, 2016, 02:54:28 PM »
Leann is totally as cute as a llama! It's much better to have a kleptomaniac as a household member than as a visitor!

I love the surf and turf basement! I've been trying to find a place to put those beautiful wavy wall panels, and I love what you've done with them.

Offline Caterina

• Occult
« Reply #63 on: July 16, 2016, 08:06:52 PM »
Thanks for the comments!

@Joria
Leann was a very good addition to the family.  I was hoping to have her complete her aspiration and then use her skills to mentor future generations.  It seems my sims don't live very long.

@FrancescaFiori
The wavy walls were part of a pre-designed dining room so I didn't do much with them really... just centered them on the wall.

Offline Nettlejuice

• Baba Gothel
  • Watcher
  • Mother knows best, Rapunzel
« Reply #64 on: July 17, 2016, 07:49:47 AM »
Aw, I was enjoying Darwin and Stephany's little love story and then wham, my heart breaks seeing her being taken away by Grim. Well, it was still wonderful to see them falling in love - never too old for that  8)

I love the kitchen, now I'm missing playing Island Paradise and Sunlit Tides.
Chant: Life States (TS3) / Immortal Dynasty (TS4)

Mother Gothel & Baba Yaga Enthusiast

anything