Author Topic: Sims 4 Expansion pack Origin error #5800 during purchase  (Read 3826 times)

Offline stripeswaeter

• Nooboo
Sims 4 Expansion pack Origin error #5800 during purchase
« on: June 25, 2016, 05:52:35 PM »
Ever since December of 2015, I've been trying to purchase The Sims 4 Get To Work Expansion Pack, but Origin wouldn't let me, I've also wanted to purchase the Dine Out pack. Ever since then, error code #5800 kept popping up saying that there was an issue during my checkout. I know for a fact that it isn't my debit card or computer thats causing the issue, I own the base game (not the deluxe version), and I update it often. I went to the help page and talked to an EA help assistant, they told me things that I have already tried but I tried it again, but still nothing worked. I read somewhere that it would only work if you right clicked the base game in your library, and clicked view game details. So, I attempted it, still didn't work. I don't know if its EA/Origin, or if its the Up To 75% Off Sale. I followed all the steps on how to purchase it, I even followed the steps on what error #5800 said, still no luck! If anyone else has/had this issue please reply back! And one other question, if I were to buy the Expansion Packs in store at EB games or Best Buy, would they work on my Origin-installed game?
Thank you!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline stripeswaeter

• Nooboo
Re: Sims 4 Expansion pack Origin error #5800 during purchase
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2016, 09:52:06 PM »
Thank you, I tried everything, still nothing. However, instead of giving my error #5800, it said that the card can't be identified, and I know everything was typed in right, all information was there, and I even tried other cards, but no luck. Thank you again anyways :)

Offline Deklitch

• Tribble of Reality
  • Watcher
  • Tribble is as Tribble does
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2016, 11:45:20 PM »
Have you tried different browsers? I've found that when I try to download my sims 3 stuff and I'm using Chrome, the EA store doesn't like it too much and tells me it prefers either Firefox or Internet Explorer.

Expansion packs/Stuff packs I've purchased for Sims 3/Sims 4 through EB games in Australia can be added onto my game installed through Origin. From memory, I have just had to put in the code with my purchase into the Origin Client and it got added.

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2016, 03:18:22 AM »
Did a search on the problem and found these:

Error ref. #5800
http://answers.ea.com/t5/Origin/Error-ref-5800/td-p/5027747

Error code 5800
http://answers.ea.com/t5/Origin/Error-code-5800-with-a-sims-game-and-my-money-has-still-gone/td-p/4253255

If you buy Sims content or any EA/Origin game content from EB Games, Best Buy or any store like that it would work. All that would need to be done is login to your Origin account and enter in the game code given. :)
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

anything