Author Topic: [BUG] Disallowed First Name  (Read 13829 times)

Offline TobeyR

• Llama Wrangler
Re: Disallowed First Name
« Reply #15 on: September 14, 2014, 03:32:11 AM »
What if you spelled it differently?  My Uncle Toby spelled his without the E, or Tobie.  It wouldn't be exactly the same but you wouldn't lose your favorite Sim and all he's done that way.

I might try it, I spell it Tobey because I had a ferret that was very dear to me named Tobey and she died last year and ever since I have loved using the name for characters both male and female so it has a lot of sentimental value spelled this way. Hopefully they come up with a fix for it soon.

Offline sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
« Reply #16 on: September 14, 2014, 10:30:04 AM »
In the screenshot it doesn't say "which" name is not allowed. You have gotten a family shown, what are the names of the others in the household?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline jesirose

• Occult
« Reply #17 on: September 14, 2014, 10:39:43 AM »
I bet the word "obey" is blocked. They previously blocked a lot of words related to sexual preference and they reversed that.
- Jessica

Offline TobeyR

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #18 on: September 14, 2014, 11:57:29 AM »
In the screenshot it doesn't say "which" name is not allowed. You have gotten a family shown, what are the names of the others in the household?

It's definitely Tobey, I played him by himself when I first played the game, and it gave me the error message with him and no one else.

Offline TobeyR

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #19 on: September 14, 2014, 11:58:28 AM »
I bet the word "obey" is blocked. They previously blocked a lot of words related to sexual preference and they reversed that.

Didn't think of that.. that is probably it.. still think it is a little ridiculous lol.

Offline KatieAnne

• Nooboo
« Reply #20 on: September 15, 2014, 12:09:34 PM »
Obey works but not Tobey.

Offline TobeyR

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #21 on: September 16, 2014, 04:00:17 AM »
Obey works but not Tobey.

Whaaaat? I knew they had their haterade on for Tobey!! I am so confuuused! I really need to take the time and actually go on the forum suggested about it. I just keep forgetting to do it.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Wither Girl

• Nooboo
« Reply #22 on: June 17, 2016, 09:43:45 AM »
I don´t know why I can´t call my sim Dreamurr.

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #23 on: June 17, 2016, 11:02:43 AM »
Thank you for letting us know that this bug is still occurring. I have updated the first post to show that this is a known bug.

Please visit the post below, and hit the "Me Too" button under the original post. To show that you have the problem too.

[Please post here] Unjustified disallowed words
http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/Please-post-here-Unjustified-disallowed-words/td-p/3508113
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

anything