Author Topic: Locking Doors Doesn't Work?  (Read 5500 times)

Offline MissZoef

• Occult
Locking Doors Doesn't Work?
« on: June 04, 2016, 07:14:25 PM »
Hello :)

Today I build a bakery/store in the sims and on top of the store I build an area for my household where they can chill and also cook. I locked the door with: locked for everyone except household and also tried locking the door for everyone except employees. But customers keep walking in  :-\ they are gonna sit on the coach watching tv. I don't want them there, how is this still possible? Is this a bug? Or has it something to do with the fact that a sim was an alien and she did something to my sim (like brainwash him?) and that way was able to go in? It's very annoying to be honest, I want to the top floor to be private. Does anyone have tips?

MissZoef

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Re: Locking Doors Doesn't Work?
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2016, 10:28:11 PM »
I am not sure if this will help, but have you tried turning the door around the other way, then try to lock it? As I seem to remember someone else on the forum was having the same issue, and it was easily fixed by turning the door around and they were able to get the door to lock.

I wish I was able to remember who posted about it and the link. I even tried to search on it, but wasn't able to find it or anyone having locking door issues, currently.
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline MissZoef

• Occult
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2016, 03:02:20 AM »
I am not sure if this will help, but have you tried turning the door around the other way, then try to lock it? As I seem to remember someone else on the forum was having the same issue, and it was easily fixed by turning the door around and they were able to get the door to lock.

I wish I was able to remember who posted about it and the link. I even tried to search on it, but wasn't able to find it or anyone having locking door issues, currently.
Thanks for the reply, I'll try turning the door around.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Offline MissZoef

• Occult
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2016, 06:56:47 PM »
@MrsFlynn unfortunately that didn't work. It's very weird, locking door works fine on my home lot.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2016, 07:11:45 PM »
Is the room a complete room @MissZoef  ? I know that seems obvious but if you have stairs coming up into an open-plan sort of room sometimes the game doesn't recognize the space as a room which can cause all sorts of strange glitches with doors and lighting.
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Offline MissZoef

• Occult
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2016, 06:52:24 PM »
Is the room a complete room @MissZoef  ? I know that seems obvious but if you have stairs coming up into an open-plan sort of room sometimes the game doesn't recognize the space as a room which can cause all sorts of strange glitches with doors and lighting.

I have something a bit similar, however after restarting my game it seems to work fine. So that helped for now. I do recall doing that before with no succes, but at least it seems to be fixed right now :-)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

anything