Author Topic: Death coming faster?  (Read 2131 times)

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
Death coming faster?
« on: June 06, 2016, 12:55:02 PM »
I've recently been chatting with someone about the deaths in my game recently and I've noticed that exactly 24 hours after I get my elder's second notification is when they pass on.  This has been true since March and isn't in just one file.  Is this the standard now?  Has anyone else had more than 24 hours with their elders recently?
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline MissZoef

• Occult
Re: Death coming faster?
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2016, 03:06:36 PM »
I feel like I have the opposite, I've experienced that elder people in my household tend to get older than before. Maybe there are certain circumstances in game that changes this? Like diet, sport or something else?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2016, 03:09:04 PM »
They all still live fairly decent elder lifespans but as soon as I get that second notification I have 24 hrs and that's it.  Which is specifically what I mean.  When the game came out I remember quite a few that had bubbly bars for what felt like weeks and I never see that anymore.
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline MissZoef

• Occult
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2016, 03:13:19 PM »
Ah, yeah I see. I haven't really payed attention to that. I've two elders who are close to dying, so I'll let you know if they die after 24 hours (edit: after the notification)

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2016, 03:41:01 PM »
@Ricalynn
I'm four generations into a challenge in which I've been diligently documenting days and times of eating for two notices, celebrate a rocking birthday notices, and notices from Grim.

In all cases but one, all the sims died almost exactly 24 hours from the time they received the final notice. None of these sims had the Long-Lived trait from the Bodybuilder aspiration.
One sim however had the Long-Lived trait (but no active trait) and he lived 21 days after receiving the final notice.

In my iDC, I had one sim who lived 11 days past the final notice; he had both the Active and Long-Lived traits.

Offline Nettlejuice

• Baba Gothel
  • Watcher
  • Mother knows best, Rapunzel
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2016, 03:56:10 PM »
It's the same for me so as soon as Kessy gets her first notice I have her eat ambrosia right away and always check her age bar. There's several plates ready and ingredients in storage so it's OK to have her eat it more often.
Chant: Life States (TS3) / Immortal Dynasty (TS4)

Mother Gothel & Baba Yaga Enthusiast

Offline MissZoef

• Occult
Death coming faster?
« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2016, 05:21:33 PM »
Yeah, I just got the notice that my sim's life had come to an end and after 24 hours-ish he died. Edit: same goes for my other elder. Died approximately 24 hours after the notification.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

anything