Author Topic: Neighborhood Parks are Empty?  (Read 4402 times)

Offline sirseahorse

• Nooboo
Neighborhood Parks are Empty?
« on: May 14, 2016, 04:57:47 PM »
Forgive me if something like this has been posted before. I've been hitting Google all afternoon and haven't found a solution to my problem yet.

I have no problem with community lots being populated. However, the neighborhood themselves are devoid of walkbys, joggers, park-goers, etc. All the houses in my current family's neighborhood are filled (I moved in some sims from the gallery) but the neighborhood feels otherwise dead. I remember before that the neighborhood used to look so busy, and I could find new sims to talk to without ever leaving the neighborhood. Now, however, there's no one out and no one goes to the little neighborhood parks save for my families when I make them go there. No neighbors, no townies, nothing.

Does anyone know what could be causing this? Or how to fix it? I don't think I have any mods that could be causing this. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

I've attached some pictures in case I wasn't clear about what little "neighborhood parks" I'm talking about.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: Neighborhood Parks are Empty?
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2016, 06:20:10 PM »
Hi sirseahorse, welcome to the forum. The Oasis Spring 'park' you have shown is usually empty. It really doesn't really attract visitors apart from the Community Gardener, who will attend the little garden there.

That particular neighborhood in Oasis Springs should have a lot of walk-bys though and is usually one of the busiest neighborhoods when it comes to sims walking around. Remember your sim needs to be actively in the area (playable - in live mode) for any townies etc to be generated. If you just take the camera to those areas in build mode no townies will be seen or generated.

I would suggest taking out all your mods and play the same save file to see if there is a difference. Mods can affect things in the game with surprising results. 9/10 times removing all mods fixes the issues. If everything returns to normal, and as your sim walks around the neighborhood it begins to have other sims around etc then you can replace your mods one by one to figure out which one is causing the issue.

I would also delete your localthumbcache.package file after taking out the mods but before playing the save file.
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline CuriousSim

• Occult
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2016, 07:59:31 PM »
Usage of the picnic tables, in general, seems to be rare. The chance it happens, increases with the number of tables a neighborhood has. However, there should be plenty of foot traffic. I have occasionally seen plates on a picnic table, indicating that someone had been there. It's a very rare occurance, for that neighborhood.

Offline reggikko

• Watcher
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2016, 03:28:03 PM »
Do you have the "No More Same Sims Everywhere" mod from Mod the Sims? I had the same thing happen while using that mod. If that's the case, removing the mod will fix it.