Author Topic: Problem's with the update actually finishing!  (Read 2035 times)

Offline Esther1981

• Cornelia Goth Enthusiast
  • Watcher
  • Cornelia is so awesome!!
Problem's with the update actually finishing!
« on: December 02, 2010, 12:11:56 AM »
I was gonna ask this where I saw it was announced, but per Pam:
Please start a new topic for the specific problem.  This topic was to announce the release of the update.  A separate topic with a proper title would be better for these other issues.

If I was wrong in this, let me know ok? I have tried 3 different times to download it through the launcher without success! Here is what it says:

Than when I click finish it brings up the launcher again and it says there is an update do you wish to update? I click yes and it repeats the above steps. I guess for some it would be entertaining lol but for me it's getting a little annoying!

Offline malteser60

• Occult
Re: Problem's with the update actually finishing!
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2010, 08:11:47 AM »
Try updating a few times maybe.

I had a problem in that since installing LN I get the pop up saying the EA launcher is not working. When I tried to update yesterday I had to restart the, hmmm, no idea what it's called, but the launcher for the game? Well, I restarted that a few times before it finally realized that there's a patch to install.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Esther1981

• Cornelia Goth Enthusiast
  • Watcher
  • Cornelia is so awesome!!
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2010, 08:46:44 AM »
It finally finished, so my game is now up to date! I had to re-do it like 5-6 times but the last time was the charm lol!

Alsier

« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2010, 10:13:09 PM »
I had that exact same problem, at the end of the ambitions patch to 4.6.6.  After searching around, I found this on the Sims 3 forum:
http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/15/305696.page

I used the superpatcher linked from there and it patched my game up to the right level.