Author Topic: Possible Bug with Writing Music  (Read 10802 times)

Offline Franki

• Occult
Possible Bug with Writing Music
« on: May 06, 2016, 04:03:54 AM »
Just trying to work out if anyone else is has problems when trying to write music using a guitar or violin..

What happens is when writing music, if my sim stops part way through it's all gone, no sign of progress or being able to continue with the song they were writing. If my sim finishes a song nothing happens, no naming of the song, no nothing it's like it never happened.

Anyone had the same issue and found a way around it or have I found some bug in my game?
Straud/Masters - Tangled and defying untangling attempts

I Aten't Dead - Granny Weatherwax

Offline tjtemple

• Townie
Re: Possible Bug with Writing Music
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2016, 04:27:27 AM »
Are you clicking on the song in your inventory to resume? If you just keep using the instrument it keeps starting over. And you can only license songs at around level 8-9.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2016, 12:00:46 PM »
Writing songs are a slog but I love that the aspiration can be completed by a teen and, of course, I love the Piper reward trait.

Write song:    Level 8 [instrument]
License song: Level 9 [instrument]

You probably knew all this. Sorry for the random comment. I'm feeling rather....random at the moment.

Offline CuriousSim

• Occult
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2016, 06:50:26 PM »
Each time you click on an instrument, it writes a new song. When you write a song, it puts sheet music in your inventory. To resume the song, click on the sheet music, and it should give you the option to "Resume writing (songtitle)"

Offline Franki

• Occult
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2016, 07:29:01 PM »
Tried both ways, it's like it never existed.. nothing in my sims inventory.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2016, 08:30:55 PM »
I have had this happen once but it was with the DJ booth. You have to make your sim stop so that the tape appears in the sims inventory or otherwise when you get to the end... there is no tape!

I just had my sim start a new song on his guitar, made him stop and then the music was in his inventory like usual. Doesn't mean it's not a bug though as we all know bugs can affect only some simmers games!

Have you quit your game and tried writing music again? Sometimes quitting solves all the glitches. Or maybe try deleting your cache files and try again. Repairing your game after deleting the cache files is always good depending on your internet connection etc.
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2016, 08:36:32 PM »
I did a search on Sims 4 sheet music in inventory missing, and it just maybe a bug.

I did find this:

Can't finish writing songs
http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/Can-t-finish-writing-songs/td-p/4913316

But doesn't give any workarounds at this time. But try what Playalot said to see if it helps. :)
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Franki

• Occult
« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2016, 08:54:45 PM »
Playalot, I did try that and the problem still happens.

I've turned cheats off, I've quit the game and tried it again, I've cleared the cache and I did test it out on a new save in case it was something to do with the save I was using and the same issue happened.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2016, 09:29:10 PM »
Oh that's a shame @Franki   :( I'll keep looking around for a fix or at least more info on this. I've tried in a new file too and it all worked fine so that wasn't much help. Usually it is possible to find a work-around, I just can't think of one at the moment.  :-\

I did wonder if somehow it might be related to the sim having a change of emotional moodlets while playing. Maybe if you get your sim to start a song and stop them before any of the moodlets expire or change, the music sheet might be in the personal inventory.

*edit: Another thought, make sure there is no other musical instrument in your sims inventory when he/she is writing a song.
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Offline Franki

• Occult
« Reply #9 on: May 08, 2016, 09:40:18 PM »
@Playalot I don't keep the instruments in my sims inventory, easier to find them in the designated music room on my sims lot.

with the emotions, it doesn't really change as I get a lot of use out of the paintings that give off an emotional boost as well as lining up the 4hr boosts from other items, with the music room being right next door to the emotion room so the boost doesn't wear off easily.

appreciate you keep an eye out for a work around, just one of those puzzling problems.