Author Topic: Fertilizer/bait sorting mod?  (Read 4107 times)

Offline Perturbee

• Nooboo
    • Unofficial Sims Freeplay Forum
Fertilizer/bait sorting mod?
« on: April 14, 2016, 09:19:27 AM »
This is something the game does horribly "wrong" by itself...

When my Sim wants to use fertilizer/bait, I'm presented with the long list of possible items in some random order, unstacked, no way to sift through them easily. (Those who do the gardening/fishing hobby often will know what I mean).

I'm fed up with having to scroll through the list forever to find that one fish that is somewhere hidden amongst the hundreds of harvestables.

Is there some sorting Mod available?

Offline tjtemple

• Townie
Re: Fertilizer/bait sorting mod?
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2016, 09:58:28 AM »
I get irritated by this too. And also that they don't build gardening skill when fertilising. You could drag the other items out of inventory before fertilising. ie. To another household member's inventory.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Mack

• Llama Wrangler
  • Don't fret, or you will miss the fun.
Re: Fertilizer/bait sorting mod?
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2016, 02:23:30 PM »
Perturbee, I hear you and I am also not very happy about how this was set up by the creators. I do not use Mod. Doing and maintaining a garden takes a lot of time. This hobby needs micro management and eases up somewhat when your Sims has acquired the "tend the garden" level. But because you need to click on every plant when you are fertilizing, I found myself pausing the game quite often. And if you are playing more than one Sims there is a challenge there. But I like a challenge and gardening is one of my favorite in Sims 4.

Depending on my game play, I usually transfer to the fridge or to another family member what I need or wish to transfer. Then I cash the rest if I have enough fishes to fertilize my plants. If not, I keep just enough of one kind of harvest (say: mushroom) in my inventory.  That way it simplifies the scrolling down the inventory to find what you are looking for. What I still do not understand is after you clicked to fertilize a plant it shows say 1 mushroom followed by say 4 mushrooms. So be aware that if you click twice on say 1 mushroom, your Sims will question you (Hey man! (waving), what your doing? (Lift shoulder) and proceeds to do the next queued action.)

I hope this help you a bit.
Yesterday is history. Tomorrow is a mystery. Today is a gift; that's why it's called a present.