Author Topic: Unable to access lots downloaded to tray  (Read 5437 times)

Offline usermnk11611

• Nooboo
Unable to access lots downloaded to tray
« on: December 20, 2020, 10:41:52 AM »
Hi all,

For some reason, I can't access any of the lots I download into my tray folder. The thumbnails show up as white lamas in my library, and when I try to click on them it says "could not locate item".  All lot items were unzipped and are in the tray folder (not in subfolders either). All other CC and lots and rooms downloaded in-game work fine. Any suggestions?

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Re: Unable to access lots downloaded to tray
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2020, 11:41:34 AM »
Click image to see larger view

When you see the flying llama image like above in your library it means that some files maybe missing or corrupt. Therefore the game can't read them. You'll either need to recreate the item or re-download it if you want the item. Or if you have them placed in a save. You'll need to re-save the family or lot to the library.

It's a little tricky to remove the missing/corrupt files from your library. But it's doable. - These are instructions for the PC version.

1. Load the game and go to the library.
2. Click on a llama photo and note the date of the item.
3. Close out of the game.
4. Open File Explorer and go to your Electronic Arts\Sim 4 Folder
5. Open the Tray folder and sort by date.
6. Find the items with the same date as noted above.
7. Copy items to a temporary folder.
8. Launch Sims 4.
9. Llama items should be gone.

*If there are a lot of llama images, dates will need to be noted on each photo. It may be best to do this one at a time. To lessen the confusion.

If this doesn't help, or you need further help please ask about your issue over at AHQ's Sims 4 PC Tech Help Board:

AHQ's Sims 4 PC Tech Help Board:
https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-PC/bd-p/The-Sims-4
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline AquaSimmer

• Nooboo
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2021, 06:35:23 PM »
Click image to see larger view

When you see the flying llama image like above in your library it means that some files maybe missing or corrupt. Therefore the game can't read them. You'll either need to recreate the item or re-download it if you want the item. Or if you have them placed in a save. You'll need to re-save the family or lot to the library.

It's a little tricky to remove the missing/corrupt files from your library. But it's doable. - These are instructions for the PC version.

1. Load the game and go to the library.
2. Click on a llama photo and note the date of the item.
3. Close out of the game.
4. Open File Explorer and go to your Electronic Arts\Sim 4 Folder
5. Open the Tray folder and sort by date.
6. Find the items with the same date as noted above.
7. Copy items to a temporary folder.
8. Launch Sims 4.
9. Llama items should be gone.

*If there are a lot of llama images, dates will need to be noted on each photo. It may be best to do this one at a time. To lessen the confusion.

If this doesn't help, or you need further help please ask about your issue over at AHQ's Sims 4 PC Tech Help Board:

Are there any other methods being the date shared (which is the only date i can see) isn't the same date I downloaded it. Also I've been seeing Gimp files as apart of the downloads as well for some reason

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2021, 06:59:16 PM »
I am not sure if there is any other way.

The only way I know if is if you have the lot in a saved game is to re-save it to your library, noting the date/time. -- Do this one lot at a time to prevent confusion.

Go to your tray folder, click date modified and save back the files that have the current date/time stamp.

You may want to ask over at AHQ's Sims 4 PC Tech Help Board if you need further assistance. They may have a better way of fixing the issue.

--------

Edited to Add:

This issue may have something to do with your antivirus program blocking your Sims 4 folder.

See the article linked below for more information:

[Info.] Anti-Virus blocking User Folder (Screenshots/Gallery/Mods..)
https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-PC/CURRENT-ISSUE-Anti-Virus-blocking-User-Folder-Screenshots/td-p/9572695
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

anything