Author Topic: Disc Not Found - Mac  (Read 2015 times)

Offline ashoward22

• Nooboo
Disc Not Found - Mac
« on: March 13, 2016, 12:18:56 AM »
So- the original issue was that when I try to run the game, the launch window opens fine, I click the play button, it goes through the loading screen, but as soon as it gets to the neighborhood screen it says "Error! Disc not found, Reinsert..." and all that jazz. The disc is definitely in there, I've tried the simple fixes like restarting my computer (I'm on a mac by the way), trying again, etc. I was thinking it may help to uninstall everything and reinstall (as much of a pain as that would be), but the new problem I've faced is that I've lost virtually (haha, pun) all of my past discs and such so I don't have the codes to redeem them. Well, I opened up the terminal and located the serial codes to try and maybe get the digital copy through Origin, and what do you know? Origin tells me the codes have already been used. Well of course they have, on my computer!! I'm incredibly frustrated and just want to play some Sims! If anyone knows a fix to the first problem, fantastic! If not, any help with the Origin situation would be tremendously appreciated. Thanks.

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Re: Disc Not Found - Mac
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2016, 12:35:05 AM »
It sounds like you've already registered your Sims 3 base game, expansions and stuff packs with Origin. So all you would need to do is log into your Origin account

1. Load Origin, login and click on the My Games tab.
2. Mouse over Sims 3 and Click the little i (for more details) This is where you

should be able to find the expansions and stuff packs you have available to install.

I'm not a Mac user, but with the help of some of the other Mac users I've put together a list of links that maybe of help:

MAC Users - Helpful Links
http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/index.php/topic,20731.0.html
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.