Author Topic: Why Does My Game Have No Sound?  (Read 4302 times)

Offline samrex

• Nooboo
Why Does My Game Have No Sound?
« on: March 09, 2016, 12:11:17 AM »
This started when I was happily playing The Sims 3 (i have all of the expansions) and then I had something to do which made me have to minimized The Sims 3 window (i was too lazy to close the game) and when I maximized it back again, all of the sounds were gone! I thought it was just an error which could be fixed by restarting the game. But no, it didn't help. This is kind of strange though, because when I open the game, the logo, the loading screen, everything has sound EXCEPT the game. I tried to play with my other family but the same thing happen. I'm very confused. I've tried a tip from the internet to delete some caches but nothing changed. Please, can somebody help me? Playing it with no sound is just so dull.

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Re: Why Does My Game Have No Sound?
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2016, 12:32:35 AM »
Have you tried restarting your computer or logging out of the computer and back in?
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline samrex

• Nooboo
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2016, 01:08:34 AM »
Have you tried restarting your computer or logging out of the computer and back in?
yes, and it has no effect whatsoever

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2016, 12:13:16 PM »
I don't know if any of this will help but you could try these troubleshooting tips:

1. Make sure sound drivers are up to date.
http://www.wikihow.com/Find-and-Update-Drivers

2.Click on the speaker on your Start bar > Mixer to see if you have incompatiblity with audio drivers. Or to see if the sound on the program is turned down/muted.

3. Load the game, go to Options > Sound and try resetting the options there. For example: From stereo to 4 channel to surround and disabled defocus mute.

4. Try a new game save. It maybe that the particular game save isn't working properly. If this doesn't work try any of the other tips.

5. Sims 3 Factory Reset (HowTo)
http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/index.php/topic,20732.msg401814.html#msg401814

6. Check that mods and/or custom content isn't the problem. - Move the mods folder to the desktop for the time being. Then move it back after you're finished troubleshooting.
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *