Author Topic: My save game will not load suddenly  (Read 1881 times)

Offline BuildItFilmItM

• Nooboo
My save game will not load suddenly
« on: January 08, 2016, 03:05:05 PM »
Hey everyone,

I just finished building a new house yesterday in my "Save Game #5", and now it will not load. When I try to load it, the button is grayed out and the save itself is showing a different name than the rest of my save games. 

Offline grimsoul

• Watcher
Re: My save game will not load suddenly
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2016, 04:25:17 PM »
It may be a corrupted save file. You can try going back to a previous auto save file.

Go into your sims save folder: C:\Users\<Username>\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\saves

Look for a group of files with the same date and time stamp. In this case 01/07/16 - 4:44PM. It should be a group of 6 files with names like Slot_00000005.save , Slot_00000005.save.ver0 - Slot_00000005.save.ver4. The .save file is the on that will show up the load screen. The files with ver0 - ver4 are backups.

Move the Slot_00000005.save file to a safe place like your desktop for now and rename the Slot00000005.save.ver0 deleting the .ver0 from the file name. ver0 is the most recent auto backup for that game. Deleting the ver0 will cause that file to show up in the load menu.

See if that one will load and hopefully it will be close to your last save location.
A clear conscience is usually a sign of a bad memory.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

anything