Author Topic: Step sibling glitch  (Read 3744 times)

Offline Deirdre

• Nooboo
Step sibling glitch
« on: January 02, 2016, 09:19:39 PM »
Hello all. I am having a slight problem which I think has Arised from complications of using the master controller mod on my game. I had two teens who were in a relationship whose parents got married. I then divorced the parents to allow these teens to continue their relationship via mastercontroller. It didn't work. The girlfriends sister is still listed as his step sister too. I then tried to get the two parents into separate fast track marriages but alas no difference was made. I moved the mod packages (mastercontroller and cheats) to a different folder as to try and limit any more glitches. I have killed off the boyfriend but plan to get him back via mastercontroller. If he and his girlfriend are still step siblings when I "revive" him do any of you have any suggestions about how I can fix this very annoying glitch?? I also tried to download woohooer twice so that the step sibling thing wouldn't matter but it messed up and crashed my game :/ thanks for reading!  :)

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Re: Step sibling glitch
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2016, 09:26:04 PM »
Do you have a previous save you may be able to go back to?

It sounds like having the mods installed may have messed up your game save. What may fix that is to take out the mods folder, and either try it again. Or better yet try a previous save.

Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Deirdre

• Nooboo
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2016, 09:27:37 PM »
Unfortunately I don't have a previous save :/ perhaps I could try and deleting the whole mods folder from my documents? It's a very annoying glitch
Do you have a previous save you may be able to go back to?

It sounds like having the mods installed may have messed up your game save. What may fix that is to take out the mods folder, and either try it again. Or better yet try a previous save.

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2016, 09:36:19 PM »
Try moving the Mods folder to the desktop instead.

==========
Unfortunately I don't have a previous save :/ perhaps I could try and deleting the whole mods folder from my documents? It's a very annoying glitch
Quote from: MrsFlynn link=topic=25491.msg431279#msg431279
[/quote
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2016, 09:37:58 PM »
However, something else that may help - or if you don't have a previous save to go back to is: Go into MasterController and tweak the relationships of the Sims involved.

Select a Sim, and click on that Sim to change the relationship status.

Click Nraas - MasterController - Advanced - Family. Click Checkmark.

I'm not sure what to do next as I haven't tweaked a whole lot of relationships status yet.

Let me go get in-game to see if I can get some quick notes for this.

Offline Deirdre

• Nooboo
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2016, 09:44:24 PM »
Mm I've not tried doing that yet actually. If you find out anything else let me know though  :) thanks for your help so far, I appreciate it  :)

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2016, 09:55:33 PM »
I feel like a complete noob when it comes to MasterController. It's one of my favorite mods. But it's a bear to work with. *Snicker*

The only thing I can think of to may be fix the issue is to take away the step-brother/sister relationship status away from them. So they can be involved with each other.

Do you by any chance have a copy of the family you're trying to fix to maybe share with me? I could maybe use them to make some notes on how to tweak the relationship status. As right now all my current families I'm playing are all good relationship wise.

Edit to Add: I may have found a family I could use to make notes on tweaking the relationship status!! :)

----------
This may not exactly "fix" the step-sibling thing, but I'm hoping these notes will be good enough to help get an idea of how to fix the issue.

I used a 3-member family of Father, son and girlfriend. Made the father and son not related, and then related again.

Remove Family Relation:
Select the Sim > Left-click Nraas > MC. > Advanced > Family > Add or Remove said Sim.
--

Add Family Relation:
Select the Sim > Left-click Nraas > MC. > Advanced > Family > Add child/parent/sibling > Active Family > Pick a Sim.

For status update select another sim and then re-select the other sim to check relationship status.

I'm adding a link to MasterController Cheats FAQ page, just in case it may help us both and others.

http://nraas.wikispaces.com/MasterController+FAQ

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

anything