Author Topic: Kids Doing Homework Keep Resetting  (Read 3017 times)

Offline FrancescaFiori

• Watcher
Kids Doing Homework Keep Resetting
« on: December 11, 2015, 01:02:48 AM »
I'm having an issue where every time a child finishes or is about to finish their homework they reset and end up standing in the middle of the room with their homework on the floor. Any other sims in the house reading at the time reset in the same way. It's only children, for some reason. Teens can finish their homework just fine. This was especially frustrating/amusing as I had my child start a homework club and they all reset together, and there are now at least six copies of child homework hanging out on the floor in my sims' house.

I googled around and couldn't find anyone else with this issue.

I was sure it must be some custom content messing me up because I just started using it recently and am not very experienced with it, but i just removed it all, cleared my caches, and repaired the game, and I'm still having the problem.

Any insight would be much appreciated. Thanks!

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: Kids Doing Homework Keep Resetting
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2015, 01:17:42 AM »
I've read about this on the EA's sims forum. It seems to be a bug that has happened since the Dec patch. I don't think there is a fix for it yet but I'll have a quick look around and post back soon.

* edit: Ok. I couldn't find the thread but from what I remember there isn't a fix as such, yet. Clearing cache files etc etc seems to keep it at bay for a time as does making a homework club and having all the kids do their homework together if you have Get Together. I do know that the simgurus are reading the bug threads and have already started working on some of these bugs. Don't know if they are working on this particular bug for sure though.

And yes...CC is probably the cause. I umm... had an error due to CC so yeah, it happens.  :-\
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2015, 05:03:31 AM »
What I read from Crin was do NOT have kids do their homework together.  Other than that it's the usual stuff that either doesn't help or only partially or temporarily helps.
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2015, 05:11:11 AM »
Well... maybe that's the trick, not letting them do homework together! I tried and a homework club worked well. It's really tricky trying to sort out all the new bugs.  :(

Offline FrancescaFiori

• Watcher
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2015, 09:40:13 AM »
Thanks, guys! I guess I'll just live with it for now. It's not the most annoying bug I've ever had by far.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Tigerskin

• Occult
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2015, 04:31:52 PM »
My child keeps resetting when finishing his homework. I have never used CC in the Sims 4. Just thought I'd say as it clearly is a bug and not down to CC. I haven't tried repairing the game, must do that before I play again, see if it makes any difference.

Haven't tried a homework club yet though.

Offline GAMERPHANGIRL

• Nooboo
« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2015, 12:14:21 PM »
I have the same issue except for me its only when they sit on a bed or couch doing their hw.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2015, 03:11:59 PM »
All I can suggest, apart form the normal, restart your PC, clear out the cache files and travel to another lot with their entire household and back again... is to make a homework club as that worked for me. It's a good thing to do as it cuts the homework completion time down a lot too.