Author Topic: Thoughts on this Lenovo tablet?  (Read 1686 times)

Offline RunAmokSims

• Immortal
Thoughts on this Lenovo tablet?
« on: November 13, 2015, 10:37:22 AM »
Anyone have any thoughts on this tablet?

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00TR05L9Y/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_nS_ttl?_encoding=UTF8&colid=32LNBYINTIUV0&coliid=I3VL8SYJEFNXSP

I was thinking of this for hubby's BD. His current tablet is getting old and slow.

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Re: Thoughts on this Lenovo tablet?
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2015, 01:17:37 PM »
I personally don't know much about tablets myself. I do have a Kindle, but don't use it very much. So I emailed Hubby to ask and here's what he said:

It's a good tablet spec-wise, and price-wise it's competitive. It is running an "older" Android OS, but it is still supported. According to the reviews on Amazon Lenovo did release an update to the newest Android OS, so that's actually pretty nice - most tablet manufacturers abandon their devices shortly after launch and would rather sell you a new device than provide upgrades to existing devices.

So, for general purpose (document reading, web surfing, movies, etc.) it should work just fine. Sounds like it may not work with some games that use sensors other than the accelerometer, but I don't know of too many Android games like that, and the reviews for some are saying it sounds like it will play most app games well.

MrsFlynn
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline RunAmokSims

• Immortal
Re: Thoughts on this Lenovo tablet?
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2015, 02:48:28 PM »
Thanks for the answer. I know Lenovo seems to have good reviews for their computers, didn't know about the tablets. I'm kind of clueless when comparing specs as in  okay is this better or is this better? 

anything