Author Topic: ALL Sims game gone  (Read 2343 times)

Offline savi27

• Nooboo
ALL Sims game gone
« on: October 19, 2015, 02:00:39 PM »
I tried finding similar topics but could only find where the files were still on the computer.

So I have Sims 3 & 4 and SimCity installed on my computer and hadn't played in a few weeks. As I was starting up SimCity one day I noticed that all of my saved games were gone. I look at the files but they were all empty, like they look when you first install the games. The next day I started up Sims 3 and same thing there, everything saved was gone and no files. And now as I started up Sims 4 everything was gone there too. I don't know how everything could have disappeared, if it's because of some update but my games have been updated before and things have still been saved so to say. Ehm.. yeah, anyone know what's going on or had had similar problems? I'm just so confused right now

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Re: ALL Sims game gone
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2015, 03:07:24 PM »
This sounds like a common problem that Origin game players have been having since early Sept.

Log into Origin, and click on the My Games Tab, in this tab you should find all your installed Origin games. - Mouse over any of your games and click the little i for more details. This will show what content you have for said game and let you download any of it's content.

** EA recently changed how some expansions show up in the Origin Client (in Sept.2015). You can now find them in a different place, just right-click the respective game tile under "My Games" and choose "View Game Details".

Check out this thread here for a detailed visual guide:
http://answers.ea.com/t5/Origin/Missing-expansions-Be-sure-to-check-here/td-p/4438200

====
If by chance your user files or install files have gone missing, you may need to first check to make sure you've installed the game correctly. If the game is installed correctly, navigate to the folders below to see if you can find your files. If they aren't there. You may need to search your computer for these folders.

User files should be located here:
--
\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3
\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4

==
Game install files should be located here: (by default)
--
C:\Programs(x86)\Electronic Arts for the DVD Version
C:\Programs(x86)\Origin Games for the Download Version through Origin

If your user files aren't in your \Documents\Electronic Arts\ (Sims 3 or 4) folder, move them from where you found them into one of those folders. As that is where the game save the user files by default.

MrsFlynn
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline KRae

• Watcher
Re: ALL Sims game gone
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2015, 06:02:32 PM »
The way I'm reading this is that the original poster's games are present, but all their saves are missing. I'm assuming from the launcher and documents files. I read that this happened to someone and they found their saves file in programs, moved it to documents, and it worked. This sounds a little questionable to me, but it's worth a look. Also a hard drive search possibly? *.sims

anything