Author Topic: Sound lagging behind on extended heavy quantities of actions  (Read 1801 times)

Offline Junan

• Townie
Sound lagging behind on extended heavy quantities of actions
« on: October 04, 2015, 12:38:33 PM »
Apologies if this has already been mentioned, but I have this kind of problem:

Here's how it goes. I'm playing a normal family of 4; two are watching TV (one of which is boosting fishing skill), one's concocting potions with the chemistry station and the fourth is asleep. However, after a few minutes, all sound will STOP; quite literally at that. No sounds will be produced after that point until I go save and they all catch up in a huge burst of noise.

Exactly how this is happening is unknown as it also happens with a family of 7 (6 humans, 1 Plumbot) where two are using holo-computers, three are watching TV (two of which are boosting gardening skill), one's asleep and the plumbot is gardening.

Can anything be done to nullify this issue?

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Re: Sound lagging behind on extended heavy quantities of actions
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2015, 06:46:43 PM »
Hi Junan,

This one has us stumped, as we've never run into this or similar problem before.

However, I have heard of Sims having sound issues that can be solved by updating the sound card driver and deleting game cache files:

Delete Game Cache Files (What & Howto)
http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/index.php/topic,20732.msg401809.html#msg401809

If your sound driver is up to date, and this issue is happening often maybe quit the game and restart the computer. This will help refresh it. It's good to do that every couple-few hours to help not over stress the computer.

MrsFlynn
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.