Author Topic: 2015 Challenge Tournament Finale: Let Us Entertain You!  (Read 27347 times)

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
Re: 2015 Challenge Tournament Finale: Let Us Entertain You!
« Reply #75 on: December 03, 2015, 08:17:24 AM »
Congratulations, Nutella!
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline ClayMask

• Watcher
« Reply #76 on: December 03, 2015, 09:10:24 AM »
I did do this challenge, but I finished before the rule change was announced and used not going to work as my main strategy.  I didn't have the time to redo it.  My Sims earned the connections rewards on the first day and after one promotions just stayed home and wrote as many comedy books as possible (first using excuse notes and vacation time, and then professional slacker).  They eventually earned 2,036,971 Simoleans. 

Congratulations Nutella!   Your Sims earned a very impressive amount.  I'm sure even if I had redone the challenge, mine wouldn't have earned as much.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #77 on: December 03, 2015, 10:40:03 AM »
Yes I was the one that notify Metro about the missed work exploit, sorry ClayMask :)

Offline christinal3106

• Occult
« Reply #78 on: December 03, 2015, 12:19:17 PM »
@Nutella I wasn't sure if you were going to post strategy, but I was curious how you handled your Musician sim.  In mine, I worked on her violin and piano skills by just writing jingles.  That was about all she did until she reached the top of the music branch.  Also, I had them both max charisma by kissing so I could get the bonuses, but I am not sure if that was a good move either.  I just wondered if I should of abandoned the music skills earlier to start working on her writing or gain them a faster way and not even consider it for income? Also, did you move somewhere else?  Congrats on the win!

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #79 on: December 03, 2015, 01:25:51 PM »
Summary:

Week 1 Sun -- Soulmate Aspiration, Connections, Entertainer Level 4, Marketable.
Week 1 Mon -- @9am Comedy Level 7
Week 1 Wed -- Creative Visionary, @9pm Writing Level 10
Week 1 Sat -- Comedian Level 5, end of day Household Funds @ $44,623

Week 2 Sun -- Author Aspiration, Book of Life, Musician Level 5
Week 2 Mon -- Comedian Level 6, Steel Bladder
Week 2 Tue -- Frugal
Week 2 Sat -- Comedian Level 7, end of day Household Funds @ $220,613

Week 3 Mon -- Hardly Hungry
Week 3 Sat -- end of day Household Funds @ $545,343
Week 4 Sat -- end of day Household Funds @ $972,628
Week 5 Sat -- end of day Household Funds @ $1,420,839
Week 6 Sat -- end of day Household Funds @ $1,874,798

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Husband -- Creative, Loves Outdoor, Family, Quick Learner bonus trait.
Wife -- Creative, Loves Outdoor, Cheerful, Quick Learner bonus trait.

Quick learner bonus trait for leveling skills faster.
Creative for writing books.  Yes, I used comedy books for 99.9% of my income.
Loves Outdoor for the moodlet.
Family Oriented for making friends with wife faster (become BFF in soulmate aspiraiton).
Cheerful was extra trait I just threw in, didn't really helped much.

Both sim started on the cheapest lot in Oasis Springs.
Build a house that is only 2x1 squares large, enough for a toilet.
The small rectangular box serves as a divider for husband and wife, I don't want them to autonomously chat with each other.

Tips:
1 - Comedy books (with royalties) is by far the largest money maker in the entertainer industry.  Even though I have one sim in musician branch, I made her level comedy to 7 and write books too.
2 - To get larger royalties, get marketable and creative visionary (for more bestsellers).
3 - Send in your most expensive book for literary digest every week.
4 - Book of life, this replaces moodlet solvers.  This is much better since you don't have to keep concentrating on getting whim points for moodlet solvers.
5 - No sleeping or eating, these actions waste too much time.  Before I get book of life, I would use moodlet solver when my energy bar is in the red.  Sim can go hungry for a long time, so really no need to do anything except to keep them starving until energy bar goes red then drink moodlet.  Toilet is a must, didn't want to waste moodlet solver for restroom time since my other bars are still pretty high.
6 - Don't build house (waste money), don't buy unnecessary items (waste money).  For example, you never want to have a sink on your lot, sim will automatically goes wash hands after restroom which is time consuming (if you don't catch them and cancel the action). 
7 - Separate both sims.  Since I have both my sims sitting down writing books all day long, if I sit them close enough they will automatically talk to each other.  Talking will slow down the rate you finish your book.  I build a small square room to separate the 2 sims so they don't see each other and talk to each other.
8 - Need to have good moodlets, very inspired is what you want to aimed for.  I have +8 moodlet constantly for my sims throughout the game.  Loves outdoor (2) + inspired lamp aura (2) + laser lightshow (1) + renewed vows (3) = 8 points in moodlets, which will give you very inspired.
9 - Buy the unbreakable computer for $10,000 - this is worth it.  With writing so much, if you have any other computer they will keep breaking.  Since I run the game at super fast speed, I lined up all the action (write, write, write) and don't have to worry about computer breaking and waste time.
10 - Manage your career for least amount of work days. 
Musician:
Started at level 4 (Connections), I just need to get 3 levels in violin to get promoted to level 5.  Once I reached level 5 musician, I stopped.  Level 5 is 4 days of work while level 6 is 5 days of work.  I don't want to work more days because I want to stay home and keep writing comedy books.  Did not level my violin and didn't have to buy a piano either.  If you don't have the skill requirements, you won' get promoted.  I just go to work 4 days a week, my work bar was max green for the longest time but will not get promoted to level 6.
Comedian:
Started at level 4 (Connections), since already have comedy skill at level 7, I reached career level 7 and stopped.  To get promoted to level 8, I need to gain 1 level of comedy and 2 levels of charisma, which is too much work, waste too much time.  Comedian level 7 only goes to work 3 days a week, I was fine staying at level 7.

@christinal3106
Writing jingles is very little money compared to book royalties.  I don't recommend making money with anything to do with music at all.

There is no need to reach the top of the career.  The rules does not say you have to max career, just says you need one in musician branch and one in comedy branch.  This is easily achieved once you hit level 5 (entertainer split into 2).  Reaching max career will not make as much money as books royalties.

Maxing charisma by kissing is fast and the best, but if you don't aim to max career then you don't need to max charisma.  You can keep the 3000 whim points (great kisser) for something else.

Yes you should abandoned music skills and work on writing as soon as possible.

No I did not move.  I started on the cheapest lot in Oasis Spring and stayed there for the rest of the challenge.

If anyone have any other questions please ask, I might have forgot to mention something.  It's been a while since I've completed this challenge.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #80 on: December 03, 2015, 01:42:41 PM »
Fantastic info, Nutella. Grats again.

I don't recommend making money with anything to do with music at all.

Lol! Bring back the Sims 3 subways! :)

Offline ClayMask

• Watcher
« Reply #81 on: December 06, 2015, 12:24:36 AM »
@Nutella I do have one question for you.  I had heard before that marketable only raised a book's sell value, and not the royalties earned from it.  I've never tested it.  Did you test how effective it is for royalties?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #82 on: December 06, 2015, 09:35:22 AM »
Didn't test, just feels like if your book are worth more you get more from literary digest.  I always buy marketable and creative visionary together, so didn't bother doing any test.

Offline Teresa

• Immortal
  • Teresa
    • Love My Sims
« Reply #83 on: December 06, 2015, 02:50:11 PM »
I figured out the comedy books were the money maker but I didn't switch my musician over until she had mastered piano and violin and reached level 7 in guitar.  I was pretty proud, though, to have figured that out since I generally don't play to amass lots of money as such a short time (my normal money making scheme is through marriage).

Nice job Nutella!
2024 Tournament: Join the Fun!
My Tournament Updates: Coming 2024
Love My Sims: Completing challenges and legacies since May 7, 2007

Offline Emily Redbird

• Mistress of splitting hairs
  • Llama Wrangler
« Reply #84 on: December 08, 2015, 02:30:11 PM »
Wow, no sleeping or eating... And here I thought I was smart by buying the "free services" reward and living off of pizza, and never cleaning my house, having a "one time service" maid do the job... several times a day ^^ Congrats, Nutella, you did a spectacular job :D
"There is always someone who doesn't agree. That's what keeps the machinery going." Fryndse from "Min hund Grog" (My dog Grog) by Storm P.

The Slytherin Immortal Dynasty

anything