Author Topic: Doctor Career  (Read 2865 times)

Offline kymber13

• Nooboo
Doctor Career
« on: August 31, 2015, 06:41:16 PM »
As my Sim gets promoted, she's collecting things in the family inventory; she has an eye chart and an xray machine thingie...but I can't figure out how to modify the career lot so I can add these items to the "hospital" where she can actually use them to treat patients. I'd also like to add a couple of beds to the second floor, but the game won't let me. What am I missing? Thanks!

Offline Roxanne07

• Occult
Re: Doctor Career
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2015, 02:16:18 AM »
My understanding is that those items are for you to keep at home, and the only way to make any changes in the hospital (or the other Get to Work lots) is by using cheats.

Open the cheat console by pressing Ctrl+Shift+C, then type in:
bb.enablefreebuild
( From the guide: Allows you to build on otherwise locked lots, such as the new Active Careers' Science Lab, Police Station, and Hospital )

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline dodi90

• Occult
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2015, 08:37:05 AM »
To my understanding all the things in hospital lot is already enough for you to treat patients. Most items that you get as a bonus is mainly used as decorative purpose only to make a room looks like a real doctor office.

Offline kymber13

• Nooboo
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2015, 03:36:21 PM »
Thank you both! I guess the "promotion" items could be used at home to help increase skills while not at the "hospital" - I'll give it a try! And I am so using that cheat to put a few twin beds on the second floor - what doctor doesn't crash after working long hours? I remember there were beds at the Fire Station in Sims 3. I miss that; liked the ghost hunting....maybe we'll get it back for Sims 4!  :)