Author Topic: Problem Putting a Roof Over a Small Outcrop - RESOLVED  (Read 4350 times)

Offline mroliver5

• Nooboo
Problem Putting a Roof Over a Small Outcrop - RESOLVED
« on: August 24, 2015, 02:29:54 PM »
I've been using The Sims 3 for a few months...your Sims 3 website has been a god send by the way :)...and I've been able to build a few homes, even one with a basement.  But, I cannot put a roof over a small outcrop without getting a 1 block width space between it and the house.  It will not snap to the side of the building.  I looked at your web page:  http://www.carls-sims-3-guide.com/buildedit/houses/roofs/tips.php and you have some pics about half way down showing exactly what I want to do and for the life of me I cannot do it.  Any help would be appreciated as it is driving me crazy.

Thank you for your website and this forum!!
Christine

PS Running with following expansions:  Generations, World Adventures, Seasons and Pets.

Offline Twinmum

• Building inspector and trouble shooter
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: Problem Putting a Roof Over a Small Outcrop
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2015, 01:15:48 AM »
Hi @mroliver5 I'm trying to re-create your problem. Can you tell me what sort of roof you are trying to place, or better yet, could you share a screenshot of the problem?
Have you read the Forum Rules?
And please try to remember Capitals, Commas and Apostrophes when you post.
Check out  Twinmum's creations on the Gallery for Sims 4 creations and Twinsom Realty for my Sims 3 Creations
For something non Sims - check out the miniatures I make at MiniisByTwinmum

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline mroliver5

• Nooboo
Re: Problem Putting a Roof Over a Small Outcrop
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2015, 02:32:45 AM »
OK, I think the Sims 3 Fairy visited me because I went in to do a screen capture for you and I removed every roof, working or not, and I was going to take one screen capture without any roof in place and then I was going to take one of the outcrop roof I was trying to do to show you what has been happening.  Mind you, this has happened with 3 different houses.  Today, I went to put the outcrop roof on again for the screen shot and it worked!!!!  I have no idea why and now I can't get it not to work.  I even went back to the other two houses I did and added outcrops and it worked?!?!

I'll be documenting what I do in the future in case it should happen again.  This is just bizarre...I know software can be glitchy, or I can be a little thick at times, but I've seriously never been able to do it.  And I did try a lot!

Thank you for looking into it for me though.  I appreciate it!!  I'm thrilled it works now :) Problem solved!

Offline Twinmum

• Building inspector and trouble shooter
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: Problem Putting a Roof Over a Small Outcrop - RESOLVED
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2015, 02:35:08 AM »
Glad you got it sorted :-)
Have you read the Forum Rules?
And please try to remember Capitals, Commas and Apostrophes when you post.
Check out  Twinmum's creations on the Gallery for Sims 4 creations and Twinsom Realty for my Sims 3 Creations
For something non Sims - check out the miniatures I make at MiniisByTwinmum

anything