Author Topic: My game starts to get lagging with Pets on (Mac)  (Read 4628 times)

Offline Summers

• Occult
My game starts to get lagging with Pets on (Mac)
« on: August 11, 2015, 07:35:38 PM »
I'm currently running all EPs and SPs. I think my computer spec is enough to run all. I had lagging in Isla Pardiso but actually I deleted all house boats and completely running very good but it starts to slow down after installing Pets. Is it only my case or other simmers have too?

I use MC mod and Overwatch for Pets but as the story goes on, it's getting slow down. Now I unchecked all weather and also I got the mod for stop spawning miner pets and wildflowers and it seems to be working fine but u know, I prefer to play the sims 3 without mods as possible and that's why I purchased decent computer.  I still feels my game is heavy but I don't want to move to a new world because it has been only 6 weeks sim day at the moment. Is there any other good solution please?

My computer spec is:

Intel Core(TM) i7-3770 3.40 GHz quad core, 64bit Windows 8
32 GB Ram, Geforce GTX 680MX I Mac

I'm running the Sims 3 in Boot Camp.
Very hard to be escaped from Sims.

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Re: My game starts to get lagging with Pets on (Mac)
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2015, 11:31:54 PM »
Hi Summers,

You didn't mention what you've tried, so please forgive me if I'm repeating what you've already tried.

1. Turn down the in-game graphics:
Go to the graphics tab, which should be open by default when you look at the options.

Go to Screen Size, and from the drop down menu, choose the screen resolution of: 1366x768. This will help the game run smoother. :)

2. Uncheck Advanced Rendering and Animation Smoothing. And check Enable Object Hiding.

3. Delete Game Cache Files (What & Howto)
http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/index.php/topic,20732.msg401809.html#msg401809

4. Turn Off Interactive Loading Screens
http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/index.php/topic,20732.msg401807.html#msg401807

5. Turn Off Memories
http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/index.php/topic,20732.msg401805.html#msg401805
----------

I too have Nraas MasterController and Overwatch, plus a few more Nraas mods, and have found my game to be laggy at times as well. Specially at around 1am and 5am. I think it may have to do with Overwatch doing it's cleanup at 1am and the game doing whatever it does at 5am.

In my current game, my Sim is a gardener and have put a couple community gardens in that have harvestables and sprinklers in them. So I'm thinking the 5am lag is due to the grow spurts.

What I've suggested may help out your game as well. But just know that Overwatch maybe causing some of the lag.

Hope this helps, :)

MrsFlynn
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Summers

• Occult
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2015, 11:34:45 AM »
Hi MrsFlynn,

Thanks for the nice reply.

1. I've been playing in default setting graphics.

2.If I uncheck advanced rendering, the graphic would get worse, wouldn't it? 
I think my graphics card is great enough to manage that graphic option in EA default settings. :)

3. This is what I do before starting game every time.

4. Yeah It has been off long time ago.

5. Yep, I actually don't like this memory system, I always set it off. Also, the shop mod is off as well.

In addition, I always play my game in Windowed mode. My monitor is 27 inches and its resolution is about 2560*1440.
My game resolution is 1920*1200.

I don't have lagging in my game yet but I feel it's moving slowly all through the day. It's like stopping for 0.5 sec and running for 0.5 sec and it keeps going like this. I don't have lagging or freezing at 3am or 5am. Also I have some plants to tend garden in my lot as well.

My point is why my game slows down with Pets installed? My game runs very smooth and fast on all Eps and Sps with NO Pets.:( Now I just off all weather setting except for fogs but still feel a bit heavy while rotating camera. I have one single man, one doggy, and one cat. This is all my active household and living in 60*60 sized house.

Hope my reply wouldn't give any insulting or being rude. :)

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2015, 01:16:39 PM »
This is best guess and what we've learned (Hubby and I), it's partly due to the game engine updates (especially the graphics) when Pets came out in 2011 - though that's also evident in the base game and other expansions if the game is patched with the superpatch. Also, just the sheer number of extra entities added to the game's neighborhoods with the different animals and so forth.

Suggestions to help with the lag are:

Turning down the in-game resolution - instructions are in post #2.

Yes, unchecking Advanced Rendering does make it look less defined. But I wouldn't say worse. Test it out, if you don't like it check it back on and play with it on. :)

You can use Nraas Register to turn off some of the stray animal population.
http://nraas.wikispaces.com/Register

While in-game, click on Map View > City Hall > Nraas > Register > Animal Control and set each to 0

Once all setup with your Nraas mod you may find you have a lot of notices, to close out all of them go to: Map View > City Hall > Nraas > Master Controller > Town > Clear Notices

These are just some suggestions. You can make a copy of your game to test these settings out. If you don't like the results, change them back to what you had before. It won't hurt the game or your saved game, as you've got a copy to go back to if needed.

I've also noticed in the bigger towns, the lag and stuttering seems to be more. So that might be something to keep in mind.

MrsFlynn
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Offline mpart

• A Crazy
  • Immortal
  • The Labelles shall overtake!
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2015, 04:39:51 PM »
Try restarting your computer and see if that helps, if doesn't maybe try reinstalling pets or getting rid of some Sps.

Offline Summers

• Occult
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2015, 08:14:33 PM »
MrsFlynn,

Thank you! I will try your ideas after coming back from holiday. :) One thing i want to mention that recently, I got a unicorn. Would it make the game slow down?

Offline Summers

• Occult
« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2015, 08:19:22 PM »
Mpart,
Yeah I tried your idea and deleted all cache files as well but still feel my game is heavy. =(

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

anything