Author Topic: The Sims 4 Official Downloadable Content (Origin)  (Read 8223 times)

Offline Bri

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
The Sims 4 Official Downloadable Content (Origin)
« on: September 08, 2014, 10:51:32 AM »
This thread is going to simply be a list of official DLC [Expansion Packs, Game Packs, and Stuff Packs] which comes out for The Sims 4 as put out by EA/Maxis.  For those who don't know, DLC is an industry wide term meaning Downloadable Content, and is used by Maxis/EA. 

Worlds, Sets, Venues, etc. which you may have gotten from the Sims 3 Store would qualify as Downloadable Content.

Currently, there isn't a lot out there, but as time passes, this will be updated.  Additionally, I will try to keep update the links as quickly as possible to help benefit Carl's site. 

The Sims 4 Digital Deluxe Upgrade - Available for $14.99 (You can find some information here on the forum)

Holiday Celebration Pack - This is a free pack with holiday themed items.

Expansion Packs:
The Sims 4 Get Work - Available for $39.99

The Sims 4 Get Together  - Available for $39.99

Game Packs:
The Sims 4 Outdoor Retreat - Available for $19.99

The Sims 4 Spa Day Pack - Available for $19.99

The Sims 4 Dine Out - Available for $19.99

Stuff Packs:
The Sims 4 Luxury Party Stuff - Available for $9.99

The Sims 4 Perfect Patio Stuff - Available for $9.99

The Sims 4 Cool Kitchen Stuff - Available for $9.99

The Sims 4 Spooky Stuff - Available for $9.99

The Sims 4 Movie Hangout Stuff - Available for $9.99

Offline RunAmokSims

• Immortal
Re: The Sims 4 Downloadable Content
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2014, 11:09:28 AM »
Is this just for EA content or also player created?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Bri

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: The Sims 4 Downloadable Content
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2014, 11:26:22 AM »
Is this just for EA content or also player created?
This will be EA content only.  Player created content will be mentioned in the Game Modifications for Sims 4

Offline Bri

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: The Sims 4 Official Downloadable Content (Origins)
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2014, 12:58:44 PM »
Update:
Added the Holiday Celebration Pack to the links.

Offline Deklitch

• Tribble of Reality
  • Watcher
  • Tribble is as Tribble does
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2015, 11:01:18 PM »
So, is the only way for us to get the Game Packs to download them from the EA/Origins site?

Are they likely to be changing that in time, and make them available through stockists as well, or will downloading them online be the only way of getting the content?

Are all the Stuff Packs and Expansion Packs likely to be only available in this way as well?

Offline Bri

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2015, 10:45:53 PM »
So, is the only way for us to get the Game Packs to download them from the EA/Origins site?
Unfortunately, until something is officially said, it looks like you will have to get the Game Packs from EA/Origin.  Note that some places like Amazon do allow you to buy the Game Pack, but in that instance it gives you a code to redeem on Origin.

Are they likely to be changing that in time, and make them available through stockists as well, or will downloading them online be the only way of getting the content?

Most likely, unless EA changes their mind, it will be download only.  I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't 'sell them' in a store, but it would be like the Sims 3 worlds, then, and it would be an empty box with a download code.
Are all the Stuff Packs and Expansion Packs likely to be only available in this way as well?
Expansion Packs will probably not change; they will be available both in store or online, though the online version may offer a few minor bonus items. 

To be honest, I am a little uncertain as to whether Stuff Packs will even remain around, especially if the Game Packs take off. 

Offline Deklitch

• Tribble of Reality
  • Watcher
  • Tribble is as Tribble does
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2015, 12:04:25 AM »
Thanks Bri. It is simply the whole paying online thing I don't like. I've had some bad experiences in the past with it and have heard of bad experiences from others and much prefer to purchase offline if at all possible. I don't have a problem with the downloading content part online, just the paying part online.

Besides purchasing offline means I'm able to support the little guy down the street, and I like to do that, even if it means I have to wait longer for the products and pay more for it.

Oh well, guess I'll be waiting and seeing :)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Bri

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2015, 02:25:02 PM »
Nothing major, added the Perfect Patio Stuff, and Luxury Party Stuff packs to this list

Offline Bri

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2015, 01:36:13 PM »
Added the Day Spa Game Pack to the list

Offline Bri

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2015, 02:54:08 PM »
Added the link for the Cool Kitchen Stuff