Author Topic: Gardening- more valuable plants  (Read 8058 times)

Offline PeanutApocalypse

• Nooboo
Gardening- more valuable plants
« on: August 06, 2015, 11:25:56 PM »
I have found that if you wait longer to harvest your plants, they become more valuable. I have a money garden, as I call it, because I only sell everything in it, I don't really cook with the items and I make more than 200000 simoleons in one harvest. My garden is mAde up of all alien plants and sometimes each fruit will get me 700 simoleons(they are raised to perfect quality). I wait until the plant is full and the harvestables become small. Also after I leave the lot and come back to it a little bit later the value seems to go up too. I will post pictures sometime to better show what I mean but I hope that this helps some aspiring gardeners.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: Gardening- more valuable plants
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2015, 12:52:51 AM »
Hi PeanutApocalypse, welcome to the forum. The increasing price on harvestables is really part of the gardening glitch. Handy though for sure. Perfect fruits etc will increase in price the most as they are worth the most to start with. Traveling with fruit etc in your sims personal inventory will also cause price fluctuations. I recently discovered that glow orbs when left on the plant will increase in price to a certain point, increasing a little each day until the 7th day... then decrease in price until back to the original price for a newly grown perfect orb fruit! Crazy but you can certainly make a small fortune out of gardening by taking advantage of this strange but profitable bug. Personally I hope that EA never fixes it... other people see it as an exploit and want it fixed.  :) What's your most valuable plant so far? I've managed to get blackberries to crazy expensive once they've gone through a few loading screens!
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.