Author Topic: No option to load saved game *Fixed!!*  (Read 15733 times)

Offline Twinmum

• Building inspector and trouble shooter
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
No option to load saved game *Fixed!!*
« on: August 05, 2015, 10:31:46 PM »
mmm, I've never had any technical pproblems with the game and so I don't frequent this board much because I probably can't offer much in the way of experienced advice. Now I need some help please. I went to load a game yesterday to check something but there is no where to load a saved game. This is so weird because the day before I did exactly the same thing with no problem.
Did something get changed in the latest update? I haven'r seen anyone else complaining about this so I think it might be just me. I tried repairing the game, but that didn't help. last night, I uninstalled the game and re-installed it today, but still no option to load a saved game.

Have you read the Forum Rules?
And please try to remember Capitals, Commas and Apostrophes when you post.
Check out  Twinmum's creations on the Gallery for Sims 4 creations and Twinsom Realty for my Sims 3 Creations
For something non Sims - check out the miniatures I make at MiniisByTwinmum

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Re: No option to load saved game
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2015, 10:50:53 PM »
Hi Twinmum,

We're looking up the problem now. Thanks for the photo. It's helping quite a bit!! :) I'll edit in what we find.

Hubby was trying to reproduce the error, and wasn't able to. So I did a quickie search and this is what I found.

1. Close the game
2. Try moving your saves folder to the desktop, then start a new start the game to create a new saves folder.
3. Close the game.
4. Put one of the save games from your folder back. For example slot_00000002.save
5. Check if it now shows up again

The slot_00000001.save is the autosave file and is no longer used. If you have this file in your game, please delete it. As it can cause loading issues with the game.

----------
Reference Link:
Re: no load game button sims 4
http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4/no-load-game-button-sims-4/m-p/4573152#M44704
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Twinmum

• Building inspector and trouble shooter
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: No option to load saved game
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2015, 05:44:50 PM »
All fixed now. Thanks Mr and Mrs Flynn  :)  All I needed to do was start a new game and save it.
Have you read the Forum Rules?
And please try to remember Capitals, Commas and Apostrophes when you post.
Check out  Twinmum's creations on the Gallery for Sims 4 creations and Twinsom Realty for my Sims 3 Creations
For something non Sims - check out the miniatures I make at MiniisByTwinmum