Author Topic: Game won't start- says it's already running (Solved)  (Read 13907 times)

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
  • Wolf or Jessi is fine ^^
    • Wolfie's Writings
Game won't start- says it's already running (Solved)
« on: August 05, 2015, 10:07:01 AM »
I know I saw a topic on this earlier, but I can't find it for the life of me, so I'm really sorry for starting another one.  But I'm running into an issue where every time I try to play the game, it pops up a dialog box that says the Sims 4 is already running.  I've done the usual things like repair game, clear caches.  I haven't tried a reinstall yet, just because I'm trying to avoid that if possible.  The computer I play on did just upgrade to Windows 10, but I was playing on it fine just two days ago and it had already been upgraded then, so I'm at a loss as to what's going on.  Tried to do some googling, but wasn't able to find much.  I know that comes up if you're trying to run two instances on different computers, but I know that can't be.  I only have Sims installed on the one computer.  So I don't know what to do.  I've tried restarting the computer, as I said, repair game, clear caches.  Anyone else had this issue?

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
  • Wolf or Jessi is fine ^^
    • Wolfie's Writings
Re: Game won't start- says it's already running
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2015, 10:15:24 AM »
Ok, sorry for double post, but after doing more digging and finally stumbling upon pretty much the same issue on EA Answers, I found the solution that worked for me.  Thought I'd post it here: Sims 4 Error, Already Running

It seems to be related to Windows, at least it seems to be.  Here's the solution from there that worked for me:
If you have Windows 10, please, try the following:

• Find the "Electronic Arts" folder inside "Documents"
  • Right click on it and choose "Properties".
  • In the new window, select the "Sharing", and a few lines below, press the "Sharing..." button.
  • It will open a new window. There's a drop-down list. Choose "Everyone" and then Add.
  • Everyone will be added to the list below. Choose "Read/write" in the permission level for everyone.
  • Save the changes.
  • Open Origin, log in, and try to launch your game again.
  • Let us know if that works for you.

I'm terrible at googling, it seems XD It took over an hour for me to find that topic because of how I was searching for it, apparently...

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.