Author Topic: Game becomes stuck on fast forward  (Read 6552 times)

Offline kittieb

• Nooboo
Game becomes stuck on fast forward
« on: August 04, 2015, 08:09:09 PM »
So with this last update my Sims have been getting stuck when I try to fast forward. Half the day will pass before it stops and resets were it left off. Now this isn't the worst thing that could happen, but when it happens a few times during my game play it gets really annoying. I'm not exactly sure what I should do. I have tried Repairing my game a few times, but it hasn't made any changes. I'm thinking of deleting my current game and starting over to see if that makes a difference. I have also tried to reset my sim and that didn't help.Has anybody else had this problem before? If so, how did you fix it?

Offline grimsoul

• Watcher
Re: Game becomes stuck on fast forward
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2015, 08:52:11 PM »
You can try clearing your cache files and see if that helps.
It could be bug with your current game but you don't need to delete it. Just start a new game using the + sign in the top right corner of the start page and use a different save name for the game then you can always go back to your other game if you want.
If none of that helps you can try Resetting the game to factory settings.
A clear conscience is usually a sign of a bad memory.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: Game becomes stuck on fast forward
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2015, 10:08:37 PM »
Sounds like you are experiencing the 'Time Freezing Bug'. Have a look on the EA bug thread and see if it's the same bug. If it is you can add a 'me too'. I'm not sure if there is a user-based fix for this bug yet but doing what grimsoul suggested might just clear up your game file and let you play normally again until EA actually fixes this through a patch.
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

anything