Author Topic: Patch Notes July 28  (Read 2905 times)

Offline Justwright

• Townie
Patch Notes July 28
« on: July 28, 2015, 02:38:43 PM »
They finally fixed the friendship bug and the loading problem.

http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/846774/july-28-patch-notes

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: Patch Notes July 28
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2015, 02:52:01 PM »
Thank goodness! I've been struggling with the 'map reload' bug for the last two days now. This fix was really needed.
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Bri

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2015, 09:20:39 PM »
Yeah, here are the specific notes:

Update: 07/28/2015 – PC Version 1.9.83.1010 / Mac Version 1.9.83.1210

Hey Simmers

Today we are releasing a small, but focused update to address two specific issues that have been affecting some folks. This update would not have been possible without your help and support. To everyone who contributed save files and participated in bug threads on the forums and Answers HQ, you have our sincere thanks!

"Can't Make Friends" a.k.a. "Relationship Stuck At Impartial"
•Sims should now be able to change their relationship status normally with all other Sims.

"Map Reload Issue" a.k.a. "Loading a lot kicks me back to the map"
 •This should be fixed for most players, and you should now be able to visit problem lots once again. This actually turned out to be a few different issues that all had the same result. In each case some sequence of events would put a lot into a 'bad' state, and the game would essentially run back to the safety of the map screen. We believe we've fixed the most common causes of this effect, but there may be other methods that might scare the game away. If you encounter a new one, please share!

Thank you again for your continued support and participation!

-SimGuruJanitor

Offline Carl

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
    • Carl's Sims 4 Guide
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2015, 10:38:31 AM »
I'm sure our challenge players are super relieved they fixed this one. It's good that when something is bad enough to affect a large portion they are willing to rush out a fix as soon as they can.

Another game I was playing has an annoying bug that has gone unfixed for 4 months now, and it affects literally everyone but the studio was tied up on another game and they couldn't get someone on it to fix that issue. I suppose that is how time-crunched the industry has become. I stopped playing and even though they're a very small company, I just can't forgive it and probably won't buy any more of their games. I guess what makes it worse is that it was a bug introduced in a patch (like the one we had here).

Offline RunAmokSims

• Immortal
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2015, 11:01:29 AM »
I'm sure our challenge players are super relieved they fixed this one. It's good that when something is bad enough to affect a large portion they are willing to rush out a fix as soon as they can.

Another game I was playing has an annoying bug that has gone unfixed for 4 months now, and it affects literally everyone but the studio was tied up on another game and they couldn't get someone on it to fix that issue. I suppose that is how time-crunched the industry has become. I stopped playing and even though they're a very small company, I just can't forgive it and probably won't buy any more of their games. I guess what makes it worse is that it was a bug introduced in a patch (like the one we had here).

I can completely understand your feelings about waiting for a patch and not wanting to deal with the company any more. I've been waiting since the March patch for them to do some sort of fix for the culling.  I know there is a mod available but like you I just stopped playing. To me using the mod would be like me saying that it's okay to have, what is to me a game breaker, and not having a fix.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2015, 03:10:55 PM »
@RunAmokSims , while I can totally and completely understand how you feel about the culling, the devs don't see it as something broken that needs fixing. It is working how they made it to work. Having lost all my legacy and dynasty ghosts and family members out of the family tree I really do understand how you feel... but I suspect that the culling may not change any time soon. I don't know anything that you don't, but just reading about it all I think that it is something that as simmers who play TS4 we may just have to put up with the current limitations. I now make portraits/paintings/photos of my dynasty family members and make a visual family tree on a wall in the house, least that way I have a visual family tree in game that I can look at any time I want.
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Offline RunAmokSims

• Immortal
« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2015, 07:06:06 PM »
@RunAmokSims , while I can totally and completely understand how you feel about the culling, the devs don't see it as something broken that needs fixing. It is working how they made it to work. Having lost all my legacy and dynasty ghosts and family members out of the family tree I really do understand how you feel... but I suspect that the culling may not change any time soon. I don't know anything that you don't, but just reading about it all I think that it is something that as simmers who play TS4 we may just have to put up with the current limitations. I now make portraits/paintings/photos of my dynasty family members and make a visual family tree on a wall in the house, least that way I have a visual family tree in game that I can look at any time I want.

I know.  Sadly,  I'm aware that they don't see it as anything wrong. It just makes me feel more led astray buy what the Sim's team has said at various times.  Before they put up the wall of silence one of the team popped into a thread last spring/ maybe late winter.  I'm pretty sure it was Daniel and I asked if they had plans for a cemetery.  He said it was on his to do list.  Of course this was before the March patch that destroyed my family plot on my home lot.  I have no idea how they would do it now.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.