Author Topic: Unable to start:  (Read 3512 times)

Offline sandshifter

• Nooboo
Unable to start:
« on: August 02, 2015, 08:13:38 AM »
I play on 2 different computers. On one, I got the update 1.9.83.1010 and on the other one, I did not. The one that did not update gives me this message:

Unable to start:
The Sims™ 4 is already running                    .....however IT IS NOT.
[ed35e0ea:29f00e76:00000000:18a1d51]

The computer that got the update works fine. Is there any way that I can get the update on the one with the error?
Thanks for any help.
Sandshifter

Offline Magpie2012

• Tony Brooks fangirl - Jupiter Reaper fangirl too - Pippin fangirl ALWAYS
  • Watcher
  • Call me Mags or Steph
Re: Unable to start:
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2015, 09:23:53 AM »
hi

have you tried repairing the game? just go in to Origin and right click on the TS4 game and select repair game.

hope that helps.
because... Math *Pippin The Most Tenacious Simmer*

Only 2 things are infinite... The universe and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe. *Albert Einstein*

Don't believe all the quotes that have been attributed to me. *Albert Einstein*

I can't ignore ALL of the voices in my head - Some of them actually make sense! *Blayzen*

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Tixxis

• Occult
  • daydreamer
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2015, 10:17:20 AM »
Both computers will have the same IP address. If you play online, Origin may think you are trying to launch the game while it's already launched.
That's all I could think of. Hope it helps.

Offline Magpie2012

• Tony Brooks fangirl - Jupiter Reaper fangirl too - Pippin fangirl ALWAYS
  • Watcher
  • Call me Mags or Steph
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2015, 12:14:26 PM »
@Tixxis I'm confused. Why would they have the same IP address? I play on a PC right next to my mom's while she is playing (we both use my Origin account, one offline and one online) and I've never had an issue like this. I also have TS4 installed on my laptop, with no issues.
because... Math *Pippin The Most Tenacious Simmer*

Only 2 things are infinite... The universe and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe. *Albert Einstein*

Don't believe all the quotes that have been attributed to me. *Albert Einstein*

I can't ignore ALL of the voices in my head - Some of them actually make sense! *Blayzen*

Offline Steellace

• Townie
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2015, 12:48:15 PM »
Magpie, my daughter and I play the same way you do with your mom (although she's a room away).  We play at the same time often, one of us online with Origin and the other staying offline.  I also have TS4 on a laptop that gets used frequently.  All three computers updated without problem, so I doubt Tixxis' suggestion would be the issue unless they were both trying to update at the same time.

However, Sanshifter could go to the computer that is updated properly and force Origin to log out (I'd reboot or leave it off after logging out), and then try again on the the one misbehaving.  Maybe that would force it to recognize that there's no other game running.  I'd also try repairing the game through Origin.  I'm afraid I don't have another suggestion though except to contact Origin and see if they can force the update through anyway (no clue if they can).