Author Topic: Custom built clubs and bars problem  (Read 8401 times)

kheldarath

Custom built clubs and bars problem
« on: November 05, 2010, 01:17:00 PM »
Hey guys. I'm a first time poster here. So hi!

I've been experimenting with building some custom clubs as I love the building aspect of the game, but I've hit upon a few snags and I was wondering if anyone else had experienced these or solved them.

I Like the Pleasantview city, and as I'm sure you guys know, it's difficuilt to place new buildings such as the bars from Bridgeport in the lots there. So I decided to make my own. I did a fusion bar, local watering hole, vampire bar and exclusive bar. But, they don't seem to work exactly to spec.

Bugs I've found are :

- The wall speakers stop playing music and your sim cannot switch them on or off, like they can in the Bridgeport venues.
- The rope barriers do not appear to keep out everyone they should keep out. For instance, I set them to limited and 3 star celebrity and my one star celebrity just breezes straight past ol' Abraham Finkel like he's not even there. Surely they should be stopped?

The lots are all designated as vampire bar, exclusive bar etc. But no real joy. Anyone got any advice? I'm thinking it's possibly these trigger things but I'm not sure how they work. I can't seem to find any other guides either.

Any help or insight would be greatly apppreciated!

Thanks!

Offline LlamaMama

• Watcher
Re: Custom built clubs and bars problem
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2010, 03:40:32 PM »
Welcome to the forum! It sounds like you've put a lot of work into this. I hope someone here can give you a hand with this. Are you talking about Sunset Valley? I'm not sure what Pleasantview is.
I put tape on the mirrors in my house so I don't accidentally walk through into another dimension. -- Steven Wright

Frisbeetarianism is the belief that when you die,
your soul goes up on the roof and gets stuck. -- George Carlin

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Merrier

• Nooboo
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2010, 03:49:40 PM »
- The wall speakers stop playing music and your sim cannot switch them on or off, like they can in the bridgeport venues.

So far I've only tried to build a couple clubs, but I had some issues with the speakers, too. In my case, it appeared the problem was because I also had a band platform in the building. Whenever Sims would be playing instruments the wall speakers shut off and trying to do anything with them gave a message of 'Sims are jamming nearby' or something like that. I don't know if that might be what is going on for you, but thought I'd mention it as something to think about.

kheldarath

« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2010, 03:54:00 PM »
Sunset Valley that's the bunny. The original game town.
Yeah looks like that was what the problem with the speakers was Silly me! :D I thought having two floors would seperate it slightly. Would be cool if you could play different music in each room though. Unfortunately the barrier ropes still seem to be letting just anybody in so I'm not sure how to fix that. Also does anybody know if your new venues give out gig opportunities?

Offline Glic2000

• Townie
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2010, 09:45:38 PM »
Sunset Valley thats the bunny. The original game town.
Yeah looks like that was what the problem with the speakers was Silly me! :D I thought having two floors would seperate it slightly. Would be cool if you could play different music in each room though. Unfortunately the barrier ropes still seem to be letting just anybody in so i'm not sure how to fix that. Also does anybody know if your new venues give out gig opportunities?

According to the help files in the game, they do give out gig opps as long as they meet the requirements (i.e. all four instruments set up). 
Unfortunately gigs are pretty hard to come by even in Bridgeport so I've not tried to test this out yet.

Also, since Late Night arrived I've been having intermittent problems with music not playing so there might be a general bug with that too.

Not sure what the deal is with the barrier ropes.  I only tried using one once and it seemed to work okay.

anything