Author Topic: Can't get rid of this mini-foundation, help me please?  (Read 5379 times)

Offline Brisayshi

• Townie
Can't get rid of this mini-foundation, help me please?
« on: May 25, 2015, 10:03:17 PM »
It's driving me mad. If I bulldoze a lot that originally had foundation on it then try to build walls on the empty lot, I get this weirdness:

It's like the top surface of the default foundation. I've tried raising and lowering the foundation height... When raising, it comes up as a normal foundation. But when you lower it down to where the foundation would disappear, you just get this again. It's really kind of frustrating and ugly when you want to build something without a foundation... But maybe that's just me nit-picking.

When I go on to an entirely blank lot that's never had anything on it, however, the walls are placed as normal without a foundation. No weird gray baby-foundation around it.

Has anybody experienced this? If you know how to fix it, let me know. :/

Edit: It's definitely the top of the foundation. It changes if you repaint the foundation, but it doesn't disappear. Even if I choose one of the flat foundations that don't extend outside the wall, you still get an odd little line around the bottom of the wall.

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
  • Wolf or Jessi is fine ^^
    • Wolfie's Writings
Re: Can't get rid of this mini-foundation, help me please?
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2015, 12:19:03 AM »
That is... odd.  Does that happen in only the one game or is it across all your saves?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Twinmum

• Building inspector and trouble shooter
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2015, 12:34:06 AM »
I think it may be a glitch with the lot. It's Parkshore isn't it? Next to the Goth house in Willow Creek. I just went and demolished the house and built a room and got exactly the same thing.
Have you read the Forum Rules?
And please try to remember Capitals, Commas and Apostrophes when you post.
Check out  Twinmum's creations on the Gallery for Sims 4 creations and Twinsom Realty for my Sims 3 Creations
For something non Sims - check out the miniatures I make at MiniisByTwinmum

Offline Twinmum

• Building inspector and trouble shooter
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2015, 04:40:57 AM »
There is definately something going on with that particular lot. I've tried it in a fewgames and it's always the same, build a room or house and you get the foundation top. I tried importing houses from the gallery that had no foundation, but it is still evident even on these houses. To add to the glitch, more often than not, if you try to bulldoze the newly imported house, an error comes up saying unable to compute costs and the house remains. I even tried using the sledgehammer to demolish it the slow way, but it kept saying there was nothing to select. However after this error, if you go to manage world and re-enter the lot, the house will be gone!
I had thought that it didn't happen if you buy one of the styled rooms, but the only time it doesn't happen is if you buy one of the new buisiness type styled rooms... it even happens if you buy one of the outdoor rooms!
Have you read the Forum Rules?
And please try to remember Capitals, Commas and Apostrophes when you post.
Check out  Twinmum's creations on the Gallery for Sims 4 creations and Twinsom Realty for my Sims 3 Creations
For something non Sims - check out the miniatures I make at MiniisByTwinmum

Offline Brisayshi

• Townie
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2015, 12:07:52 PM »
@Shewolf13 It happens across all saves.

@Twinmum Yes, this was Parkshore. But I've also tried to bulldoze the bar in Oasis Springs to build there and encountered the same thing. So it isn't just Parkshore. :/ I haven't experimented with many other lots, though. I thought it had something to do with the original build having a foundation, but I'll have to experiment some more. I just want it gone.  >:(

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
  • Wolf or Jessi is fine ^^
    • Wolfie's Writings
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2015, 12:09:33 PM »
It must be something that happened after one of the patches. Have you always had that problem or just recently?

Offline Brisayshi

• Townie
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2015, 12:58:21 PM »
I honestly haven't experimented with building on much other than empty lots because I haven't had the game for very long, so I'm not sure. The first time I noticed it I think was after the latest update, though. So I'm not sure.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2015, 01:50:02 PM »
I was just playing around with that lot to see if I got the same problem and yes, but when I put a basement under the walls, the foundation top went away. I've never had the problem on any other lot in Willow Creek or Oasis Springs.

I'm trying to figure out what the yellow outline is for on the basement ceiling?

Offline grimsoul

• Watcher
« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2015, 02:08:09 PM »
@sdhoey If you click the yellow line on the basement there is an option to remove the ceiling and it makes a hole in the ground.
A clear conscience is usually a sign of a bad memory.

Offline sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2015, 02:11:08 PM »
@sdhoey If you click the yellow line on the basement there is an option to remove the ceiling and it makes a hole in the ground.

Well, LOL I guess I have never noticed that before.  ;D Now I know.

Offline Brisayshi

• Townie
« Reply #10 on: May 26, 2015, 07:52:44 PM »
Hmmmmm.  ??? I'll have to remember the basement thing. Thanks @sdhoey

Offline sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
« Reply #11 on: May 26, 2015, 07:55:08 PM »
Make sure that the basement is the size of the foundation because I notice that if you past the basement walls, the foundation top will start at that point.