Author Topic: Elements for Scientist Career  (Read 19196 times)

Offline Beatles264

• Nooboo
Elements for Scientist Career
« on: May 05, 2015, 12:17:05 AM »
For one of the Scientist's invention I need two elements.  I don't know where / how to find elements or what they are.  Any help?

Offline officialghosts

• Occult
Re: Elements for Scientist Career
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2015, 12:24:54 AM »
Around the world, there are rocks scattered all over the place. If you click on them an dig, sometimes you will obtain crystals and metals. Another way to obtain crystals and metals is by asking your fellow scientists for them.

Does the invention ask for crystal and metals, or specifically elements? If asking for the former, all you need to do is what I explained above. If it's the latter, you need to do one of two things. One option is to send those crystals/metals to the geo counsel, which you can do by clicking on them on your home lot. In a few days you will receive elements in the mail. Another option is to analyze those crystals/metals using the chemical analyzer. Sometimes while doing so you will receive a new element. Less reliable but more time effective than the mailing method.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Beatles264

• Nooboo
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2015, 12:47:48 AM »
Thank you!  It's asking for elements. I know about digging around the rocks for crystals and metals, but couldn't find anything about what or where elements are. 

Offline dodi90

• Occult
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2015, 01:39:05 AM »
The first method you need to select any crystal or metals you have and choose send to geo councils, check your mail the next day and it will yield an element. The Second you can use the new chemical analyzer and choose practice analysis, this will sometimes yield random common elements.

For more random ways to get elements, you can get one by using the Ray gun (not realiable since many things can be generated instead), Using alien transmute ability on metals / crystal sometimes also yield elements although still random and without the serum you have cooldown on using this ability. If you already have one element and wish to copy it, you try analyze and hope other elements come out of it.

Offline ClayMask

• Watcher
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2015, 01:45:47 AM »
Be careful if you use the Geo Council method, because last time I used it, there was a bug where you wouldn't get your mail if you stopped focusing on your home lot after sending out the rocks or metals but before receiving them in the mail.  I haven't heard anything about this bug being fixed, so it probably still works that way.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2015, 02:51:16 AM »
Practising analysis will give you random elements. My scientist has 'found' all the elements he needs by doing this, including the 'new' ones that are linked directly to the science career etc. A good work around the mailbox glitch. I just placed one on his home lot and all the family members who weren't doing anything special would practise analysis. It increases logic as well, double bonus. If the sim using the chemical analyzer is very focused the elements will be found/discovered quite easily.
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

anything