Author Topic: New computer options  (Read 2069 times)

Offline johnnabither

• Nooboo
New computer options
« on: May 06, 2015, 10:25:31 AM »
Hello everyone!! My old dekstop computer that I got off newegg crashed recently due to some crazy virus. I am looking to replace all the parts inside the shell that could have been effected by the virus.. But when I look online I just get overwhelmed by all the specs and is this compatible with that?

Can anyone give me suggestions on what they are currently running their computers with? I am looking to install TS3 and TS4 on the PC.. And would want to run on higher quality..

Thanks in advance for the information!! :-)

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Re: New computer options
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2015, 07:14:57 PM »
Hi, Johnnabither,

Before giving suggestions on what to get, do you have a budget you want to stick to? And what country you are in? Knowing this may help searching better.

MrsFlynn
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline johnnabither

• Nooboo
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2015, 09:41:35 PM »
I'm thinking around $1000 or so.. And I'm in the US

Offline Flynn Arrowstarr

• Administrator
  • Immortal
  • Semi-conscious
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2015, 09:51:35 PM »
Hi, johnnabither.

This should be pretty simple to do. I would need to know a couple of things first:
  • Could you tell me what type of case you have? Would you have an issue with replacing it if the new system included a case?
  • What video card do you currently have? I can suggest a couple, but if you already have a decent video card, you can save a little money that way.
  • Do you play other potentially demanding games besides Sims 3 and Sims 4?
Depending on what you need and what the prices are, it should be possible to build a nice system between $800 and $1,000.

Hope this helps and happy Simming! :)

Flynn
Check out Flynn's Fineries for houses, Sims and helpful articles.

Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

anything