Author Topic: Artist Paint Studio and Gallery  (Read 1625 times)

Offline Tornado9495

• Nooboo
Artist Paint Studio and Gallery
« on: April 20, 2015, 01:00:12 PM »
So I've been playing around with different retail stores for a week or two and love it. The employees are stressful to handle so I've been making my sim bring his wife with him to try to keep up with traffic. Thankfully the stores have been generating enough money that neither has to have a job, though that may change with my new retail endeavor. The bakery is a hit, and the art gallery (using high-dollar paintings and sculptures from the decorations menu) was very profitable, but less fun after a while.  Last night I built a new artist studio and gallery (gallery is on the main level, studio is upstairs.). I built up an inventory of his better paintings and put them for sale. My original plan was to hang the masterpieces in the window, make a copy of them, and set those for sale. I set the markup at 100% (totally worth it in my mind for my favorite sim's hard work, though many of the customers disagree. I'll be setting it at 50% tonight when I play!). Since the customer count was so high, and my poor sim can only paint so fast, I would just restock the paintings instead of selling them one-for-one.  Anyway, I discovered last night that when I make a copy of the masterpiece (costs the same as the value of the masterpiece), it actually sells for less than the masterpiece value. (Example: the copy of my $2,300 masterpiece cost $700ish to restock, and sold for $1,400 - with that crazy-high markup). So instead, I've decided to go ahead and sell the actual masterpieces and just hang a copy in the window. What I don't know, is if it'll restock/resell each time as a masterpiece or not. Anyone have any idea?  I wanted to stay up and try it last night but it was ridiculously late for a Sunday night and I had to force myself to go to bed.