Author Topic: Quiting and restarting the new careers isn't like to old careers  (Read 2845 times)

Offline grimsoul

• Watcher
I had my sim join the detective career and sense he had the connections award he started at level 4 as expected. I went to level 7 with him and quit to open a retail store. I decided I wanted to finish the detective career so I let get his job back expecting to start at level 6, one level below where he quit like the other careers did, but instead he started all the back at level one. :( 
I don't know if it's meant to be like this, a bug with the game or just a bug with my current game but it was really disappointing see him at level one and starting from scratch even with the connections award.
A clear conscience is usually a sign of a bad memory.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Re: Quiting and restarting the new careers isn't like to old careers
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2015, 01:00:48 PM »
Yeah, it's not a bug but that's the way it's intended for the Connections reward. You get the boost only for virgin, untouched careers for your Sim.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline grimsoul

• Watcher
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2015, 02:32:20 PM »
I was more wondering about having to start at level one after restarting the career instead of starting one level below the level I was when I quit the job as with the old careers.
A clear conscience is usually a sign of a bad memory.

Offline ClayMask

• Watcher
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2015, 03:12:46 PM »
I was more wondering about having to start at level one after restarting the career instead of starting one level below the level I was when I quit the job as with the old careers.
I could be wrong, but the way I remember it working with the old careers is that it said level one when you rejoined it, even if it had the pay and requirements of a higher level.  Could this also be true with the active careers?

If it does start at true level 1, I suspect it's because it doesn't save the promotion requirements for the active careers when you quit.

Offline dodi90

• Occult
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2015, 09:19:25 PM »
I'm not really paying attention to old rejoining level when i do rejoin the gaming career. But it always start 1 level lower than the old positions.