Author Topic: Ringing up customers doesn't work half of the time  (Read 7898 times)

Offline MissZoef

• Occult
Ringing up customers doesn't work half of the time
« on: April 04, 2015, 07:16:42 AM »
Hi all,

I'm super excited about the GTW expansion, but now my clothing shop doesn't seem to work properly. I've set everything up like I'm supposed to. Have some mannequins with clothes on and I get customers. When those customers want to buy something, they get the little shopping cart above them.
When I 'ring them up' they do the interactions, I get the retail points or however they're called, but they don't buy the item. Also the shopping cart doesn't disappear. I can do the interaction a second time and sometimes it works then. But most of the time the shopping cart turns red and they leave angry. I never cancel the interaction or anything like that.
Maybe it has something to do with the placement of the items? Like there are some routing issues? I don't know.
When this doesn't go away I'll be fed up pretty quickly with having my own shop in the sims 4  :(

Anyone knows what to do about it, or are there any other people who've encountered this issue?

Happy simming  :D

Offline MeestorMark

• Townie
Re: ringing up customers doesn't work half of the time
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2015, 10:08:26 AM »
Most every time mine haven't completed, it seems to be routing related or another sim interrupting the conversation somehow. I have also had a situation were two sims wanted to buy the same item, so obviously the second one had to start the checkout over again with another item. It does seem buggy sometimes and it isn't really obvious what is going on. I don't get routing fail animations or any messages.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2015, 08:41:25 AM »
I'm unsure whether my comment will be related but my household of six YAs just opened a retail store.
The higher the charisma level, the better a particular sim has been at sales and ringing up.
With high charisma, I've even seen a sim go ring up a customer without my instructions.

On the other hand, a low-charisma sim just stands there for a long time after the "go ring up" instruction, even if she's not in a convo with anyone else.
So, I haven't experienced any issues with ringing up customers so far (knock on wood), except for that one sim with Level 3 charisma.
Well, I've only played the shop for several days, so perhaps it's just a fluke.

When perusing the new Retail category items in Buy mode, I noticed that two of the new retail counters feature 2+ or 5+ Focusing decor, so I  got one of those counters and placed two Hipster Hugger sofas in the shop (Tech Guru reward, +2 focus. 
I really have no idea whether this is helping with customer service or not, but the focused sims seem to get distracted less.
If anyone knows about how the Focusing decor influences retail sales, please share.  :)

Offline Caterina

• Occult
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2015, 11:38:47 AM »
I had this happen to me in a store that sold clothing.  It seemed to be only when an adult was trying to buy a childs outfit.  In my case it was men trying to buy boys clothing.

I have a "restaurant" that sells mostly restaurant fixtures, everything not nailed down is for sale.  I had a customer ask to buy an item twice, my sim would ring it up, but then no sale.  The third time, he went across the store and chose something else and that transaction worked fine.  I'm not sure if anyone else wanted to buy the first item at the same time or not.

Hope this helps.

Offline MissZoef

• Occult
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2015, 06:41:17 PM »
I had this happen to me in a store that sold clothing.  It seemed to be only when an adult was trying to buy a childs outfit.  In my case it was men trying to buy boys clothing.

I have a "restaurant" that sells mostly restaurant fixtures, everything not nailed down is for sale.  I had a customer ask to buy an item twice, my sim would ring it up, but then no sale.  The third time, he went across the store and chose something else and that transaction worked fine.  I'm not sure if anyone else wanted to buy the first item at the same time or not.

Hope this helps.

Yeah it seems to be the same problem you are experiencing. An adult trying to buy a childs outfit. I can ring the customer up for forever, but it doesn't go away. In my case it's also a man trying to buy boys clothing. Also I figured out that with one mennequin the pathfinding is glitched. There is plenty of room around the whole thing and I've moved it like three times already, but there is a pathfinding problem every time. In different ways. But it all results in a sim waving and with a picture above it's head that it can't go there. The pathfinding thing I can fix though, by just removing that one or moving it again.

Good thing for pointing that first thing out though  :), didn't think about that. Although I'm pretty sure I can't do much about it.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2015, 08:12:26 PM »
After posting that I wasn't having any issues with ringing up customers, of course I run into a problem.

When I rearranged the bakery display cases the treat stands in the bakery, I moved them all against one wall of the shop.
After a few sim hours, all the customers would go to the other side of the display stands but outdoors, showing the "no path" bubble.
That is, I'd get the message that a customer was ready to buy then the customer would go outside and complain, like 7-8 customers. haha

When I moved the cases one tile away from the wall toward the center of the shop, many customers insisted on being rung up while standing between the wall and display cases.
When I blocked their access to that space, they would say they were ready to be rung up but then complained instead of showing the shopping cart icon.

Short version: The bakery display cases and treat stands weren't designed to be stood against a wall, I guess.
This is different from your problems with the clothing store, but it is also a pathing issue.

Edit: Sorry if I derailed your thread.

anything