Author Topic: Guide to Science Machines  (Read 7646 times)

Offline Sonshine

• Heaven Bound
  • Watcher
Guide to Science Machines
« on: October 25, 2015, 12:46:48 AM »
Hi, I took my sim to work in the science career and I have absolutely NO idea of what machine is what. There is no menu or anything when I mouse over it. Also, one of her first assignments is to either drink the potion she made (I found out which machine by clicking on it) or give it to a co-worker. She can't drink it, presumably b/c she is pregnant, but the co-workers refuse it also. Maybe she needs to get friendlier w/them?  I tried looking at Carl's guide but it didn't help, it only gave a very, VERY brief overview of the career, but no details. I need a pictorial guide for the machines about which is what. Is clicking on each machine to see if she can interact w/them the only way to find out what to do? That seems a bit dumb not to mention time consuming and confusing.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: Guide to Science Machines
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2015, 01:02:48 AM »
Hi Sonshine. The Chemical Analyzer can be used to create and analyze Elements and Flora. Elements can be created by using the Practice Analysis interaction, whereas Flora can be found in the garden at the Science Lab or out in the wild etc. The Chemistry Lab allows Sims to mix various Serums. The variety increases with leveling up in the career. The Invention Constructor is where Sims invent objects. There is also an option to Brainstorm, which can be used to unlock new ideas for inventions. You can also befriend the robot.
Hope that helps :)
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Sonshine

• Heaven Bound
  • Watcher
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2015, 01:26:48 AM »
Thanks Playalot, but I still have no idea which one is which. There are no names. I guess I just have to experiment. We really need a guide for the machines, at least a pic w/titles and locations. I really don't like clicking on everything to try to find out what it is or what to do. I guess it's very confusing. I saw the plants outside and those are self explanatory, but the machines aren't.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2015, 05:18:05 AM »
@Sonshine this web page has pics and a good explanation of what does what etc etc. :)

link to Sims Online

“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Offline Steellace

• Townie
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2015, 10:25:30 AM »
I didn't follow Playalot's link to know if there are pictures, but what I did to figure out which machines were which was to put it in edit mode.  In edit, you can see the different machines with descriptions.  I also like to use the duplicate button to cause the interface to go straight to whatever item I'm trying to figure out.

Also, you are correct that your pregnant sim couldn't use the serum because of the pregnancy.  To get a coworker to try the serum, you do need to get your relationship a little higher (usually just chatting a bit does the trick).  I've also found that some try the serums faster than others, which I'm guessing has something to do with traits.  If you continually fail with one coworker, try another (this applies to asking them for stuff, too).

Offline dodi90

• Occult
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2015, 02:40:50 AM »
I know the Scientist career could be a little confusing with many machines that is actually only a decor. All machines needed to complete the goals are thankfully already included on one big room just past the receptionist so you don't need to look elsewhere. To help you identify which machine does what there is an easy way. Just take note of what machine do what and you will be fine. Since the career are becoming daily chores you will memorize it pretty quickly without an effort anyway. Don't be shy to use pause button if you are still trying to figure out what machine does what.

Offline meubanks

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2016, 07:40:39 PM »
Co workers will be more likely to drink an untested serum if your Sim has a higher relationship with them. Be careful about drinking untested serums, because a failure can knock your Sim unconscious for a long time, and in some cases prevent you from completing the daily task bar. Late in the day it is probably worth it, but early in the day, hold off and do other tasks rather than risk it. Giving away a tainted serum will give a tiny increase to mischief skill.

Fairly early in the career (level 3ish but I didn't look it up) you will get the machine for making serums as a reward. It will show up in the household inventory. You can then make some extra serums at home, so that you'll have some available. The testing mechanic is a bit wonky, and doesn't always credit properly, but testing the serum 3 times will allow your sim to choose between standard and tainted serums. Testing credits more reliably when given the serum away than it does when drinking it yourself. 

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.